T W E N T Y F O U R

"Just me and you and you and me alone."

H A R R Y

I looked down at the beauty in front of me who had fallen asleep after many tears, panic attacks and painful memories. She had opened up to me about the darkest part of her life and I held her close as she told me in confidence about what she had gone through.

Her head lies on my thigh as small puffs of air escape her lips. I run my fingers through her tangled, brown hair and silently pray that she gets a good night sleep, after all she deserves it. In fact, she deserves more than one night of sleep she needs a whole life time of rest after all she's been through.

She didn't want sympathy, but the tears that pricked my eyes every now and then when ever she mentioned being trapped in a basement, couldn't be helped. I was a sobbing mess once she had finished talking. I didn't say anything, neither of us did. I just held her tightly wanting to squeeze out all the bad and protect her from everything.

I felt her move a little and a small whimper escaped her lips. I leaned over and whispered into her ear, "You're okay baby. I'm right here." She stopped and the crease between her eyebrows disappeared. I placed a kiss to her temple and decided to continue to talking to her, I could tell she was half asleep and half awake right now.

"You're the bravest girl I've ever known Marcie Jane Scott. Everything is so different now you're in my life and it's all for the greater good. Thank you for telling me everything, I feel privileged that I'm the only person you've shared this with. I know you don't want sympathy so I won't say how sorry I am that you had to go through what you did. I want to take it all away Baby but I can't, so I'll spend my whole life trying to give you the life you deserve instead. My beautiful girl, you've become my everything in a matter of weeks and I'm always going to be here for you. Always. Even if we're apart and a million miles away from each other, I'll be right there whenever you need me. You're not alone anymore baby, you don't have to live in darkness anymore. Not when I'm here."

I feel her completely relax against me but I watch as she reaches out for my hand and and wraps her tiny fingers around it. Her lips press a kiss to the back of my hand and she sighs happily.

She heard everything.

***

A few days had passed since Marcie had opened up to me. Her behavior was different and I could tell. She's had multiple episodes and she tells me it's because she told me everything so, they got mad.

"How do I look?" Louis stood in front of me. An unlit cigarette in his mouth and wearing a navy suit. He was going to a job interview today, working at a nightclub down town. It was one he goes to often and he recently found had jobs for working at the bar.

"You look decent." I tell him, a cup of tea in my hand and my phone in the other as I was texting my elder sister.

"Jesus Harry, don't get too excited I know?I look like a fucking God." He rolls his eyes.

"It's a job interview Louis at a bar. You'll be fine." I tell him.

"Thanks. I probably won't be back until tomorrow. I'm staying downtown at this girls house and then going to the club after." He says and I nod, knowing the usual routine. "Who are you texting?"

"It's Gemma. She wants me to babysit Thalia tonight after work." I was suppose to be bringing Marcie back to my place tonight but Gemma has to do a nigh shift at work. So she came to me for help.