T W E N T Y S I X

'You're driving me wild.'

H A R R Y

"I'm alright mum, really." I say down the phone, my fingers tangling themselves in Marcie's hair as she lay her head on my lap with her eyes gently. She had a nightmare last night whilst I was washing the dishes which also lead to another episode of the voices in her mind taking over her entire being. I was surprised by her screaming and shouting because it hadn't happened for a while but she didn't say anything she just wanted me to hold hers.

"Gemma's told me about the girl Harry." She exclaims down the phone. A blush rises on my cheeks.

"I was going to tell you myself mum but-"

"Harry I just want you to be careful. You could loose your job by doing this." She warns me just like I knew she would.

"I know that mum but she's worth the risk. I-I-I really like her mum." I almost whisper. I feel Marcie begin to stir and my fingers stop their movement. "Harry?" She mumbles.

"I'm right here baby." She takes my hand and holds it to her chest.

"Okay." She says sleepily and falls back to sleep again making me smile.

I finish talking with my mum and slowly I move Marcie's head off my lap and put a pillow there instead. I kiss the side of her head and leave her to sleep a little longer.

I walk into the kitchen and see Louis watching TV on the sofa. "Hey mate." I say to him as I grab a water bottle from the fridge. 

His head turns, "Hey." He smiles and turns back to the TV. I walk over and sit on the couch beside him. I haven't spoken to Louis properly in a while, he's started his new job and, well, I have Marcie. "I didn't want to disturb you this morning but we ran of milk." 

"Disturb me?" I furrow my eyebrows.

"I heard you talking to your mum and I looked through the door and saw you with that girl." He smirks.

"Shut up." I playfully nudge him.

"No, no, it's nice Haz. I haven't seen you with anyone like that since Jane." He chuckles. 

"Ugh, don't even mention it." I grumble. Jane was a girl I went out with for sixth months last year. We met at a small local coffe shop in Cheshire and hit it off right away. I was so absorbed into our relationship that I didn't know she was cheating on me with my ex-best friend who is, may I add, a woman. I mean don't get me wrong, it was great she finally realised who she was as a person and all but the way she went about everything was just wrong. 

"Yeah sorry not sorry. So what's going on with you and this girl? Marcie isn't it?" He asks.

I start to smile at the mention of her name. "She's amazing. She's everything I've ever wanted in a girl." 

"Gag me with a spoon why don't you?" He pretends to throw up and I roll my eyes but laugh anyway. "Nah, it's cute that your smitten. Cringy but cute." 

"Thanks Lou, what about you?" 

"What about me?" He laughs lightly.

"Any girls?" I ask. 

"You know me Haz, I don't date." 

"Oh don't be one of those people Louis." 

"What do you mean?" He laughs.

"The guy who sleeps around and pretends he doesn't want a girl, when deep down he wants someone stable in his life." He mumbles something but I don't here it and pretend to just ignore it.