T H I R T Y T W O

Wash away all the things you've taken.
I don't care if I don't look pretty.
Big girls cry when their hearts are breaking.

H A R R Y 

"Could you drive a little faster?" I grumble as we drive through the London traffic and to the forest where I believed Marcie could be. I couldn't believe I didn't remember the girl my mother and I found in the woods. I remember her scared face and the bruises on her arms and legs. But what I couldn't even fathom was the fact that the girl in the woods was Marcie. Fate works in weird ways. 

"I'm a policeman Mr Styles, I have to follow the rules of the road." I huff as we reach another traffic light, I'm on edge knowing that Marcie could be near.

"Can't you turn on the siren?" I ask. I've always wanted to be in a police car with the siren on.

"We can only do that if it's a direct emergency." He tells me and I'm about to tell him this is an emergency, but I just drop it. I don't have time to be angry, I need to get to Marcie.

Finally, we pull up in the car park of the small park near the forest. My mind instantly flashes back to the time mum and I would come here and walk Wilfred, to the time we found Marcie. I see that there are already two other police cars already here and I'm surprised to see Louis here with Marcie's parents.

I get out the car and walk over to him, he pulls me into a hug and says, "They wanted to come, they wanted to make sure she was okay if you found her." I pull away and nod, he slaps my shoulder and I turn to look at the policemen chatting to each other.

Hank walks over to me, "You lead the way Styles." He says. 

"Harry! We'll stay here whilst you look for her. Good luck mate." He smiles, sympathetically. 

I look towards the cluster of trees and walk towards them, Hank follows behind with three other policemen and I look back when I hear the sounds of dogs. A police woman brings a piece of Marcie's clothing to their noses and they immediately start sniffing the ground.

I continue walking. "C'mon baby, please be where we think you are." I whisper, secretly hoping she can hear me even though I know she can't.

When we reach the entrance to the forest, it contrasts completely to the park. It's dark and there isn't a lot of sunlight. Hank pulls out a gun and a little flashlight as does the other policemen. "This forest goes on for miles." I say, when I was younger I use to think it wasn't that big but looking forward it seems endless. 

"We better start searching then." Hank says and the dogs start to pull on the lead, giving me a slight sense of hope that maybe they could sense Marcie.

Hours later, we're still searching the forest. I feel like we're going in circles and I'm pretty sure I've seen the same tree at least three times. I take out my phone to check the time and see it's already four in the afternoon, I also see that I have no service. 

"Fuck!" I yell and kick a small rock. All of a sudden, I hear a clanking sound and I furrow my eyebrows realising the rock had hit something metal. I follow where the sound came from and notice a drain pipe going on for miles. "I found something." I yell and everyone runs over. 

"A drainage pipe? That means there's someone living nearby." Hank says. 

For the next few hours, we're following the drainage pipe and my energy starts to fade a long with my hope for finding Marcie. Maybe we're completely off and she's nowhere near here.  Then the last thing I wanted to think about enters my mind, what if we're too late and she's long gone? What if I never find her? What if she's dead?