S I X T E E N

Say anything
Anything hurts less than the quiet
Just tell me
Say anything
Anything hurts less than the quiet

♡♡♡

M A R C I E

My first friend was called Pebble. I met her when I was nine and she grew up in the same building as me. It was one time when I had to go to a meeting with my mum and dad and everyone who lived in the building had to be there. They put all the young kids in this tiny room and there were a lot of us. 

Pebble was by herself in the corner of the room and she looked lonely so I went over to talk to her. She told me her name and said that her parents called her Pebble because it was original but she just found it stupid and embarrassing. 

I told her my name was Marcie and then said: 'at least you're parents gave you a name when you were born. I wasn't given a name until  turned five and instead was referred to as thing or it.' 

She apologized after that but I don't know why.  

We talked for the entire time we were in the room together and I found out a lot about her. Her parents were very different to mine and loved her dearly. She said that they would assure her every night that they were going to leave this terrible place as soon as they had the money to.

 I was jealous of all the things she told me about her wonderful parents and how looked after she was. I wanted that but I knew I'd never have that. I would grow up to be just like my parents and it was something I never looked forward to. 

After that day me and Pebble never spoke again. I never saw her or her parents ever again and I guessed that they had moved out just like she said they would. I would have dreams of Pebble walking through the door of our tiny apartment and taking me away with her to live a happy life but she never did, it was always just a dream. 

I never forgot Pebble mainly because of her strange name but also because she was lucky and I hoped that one day I would have a lucky break like she did. 

My second friend was Harry Styles and he has flipped my whole world upside down.

"H-Harry, I'm still not sure about this." I whisper and hold onto his hand tightly to make sure that I don't loose him or he looses me. 

"Hey," He stops and stands in front of me. I look down at my feet and he puts his finger under my chin and lifts my head up. "You trust me right?" 

I nod straight away. He's the only person I have ever trusted in my entire life. 

"Then trust me when I say that everything is just fine. It's just a friendly sleepover Marcie." He tells me and I release a deep breath and nod. He kisses my hand which makes my cheeks heat up and then intertwines our fingers as we walk the rest of the way to his apartment.

Once we get there, I look up at the tall building and gulp. It looked a lot like my childhood home but a lot less dirty and abandoned. "Hopefully Louis isn't awake or doing anything." Harry says.

"Louis?" I furrow my eyebrows. 

"My roommate." He huffs and we walk into the building and to the lift where we went up to his floor and walked to his apartment. 

Harry took out the keys from his jean pockets and put them into the keyhole. The door opened and I followed him inside. "Sorry about the mess." Harry shrugs his coat off and takes his shoes off. "I'll make some tea, feel free to look around." He smiles and I nod thanking him.

Harry's apartment looked a lot like how I imagined it to be. There was a lot of paper work on the coffee table of old job applications. There were dirty dishes scattered around the room. I fell onto the sofa which was comfortable and warm. I snuggled down and wrapped myself in a blanket which smelt exactly like Harry.