E I G H T

'All the best people are crazy...'

♡♡♡

Calm, relaxed, painless.

Three things I haven't experienced before... Well not all at once anyway.  Now I'm laying in bed with no nightmares or voices haunting me or trying to get to me in any way and I couldn't be more relaxed.

I was surprised but also very worried that the voices haven't made their daily appearance to make my life miserable. I was scared and nervous that they would do something drastic and make me do something I didn't want to do just to please them.

They controlled everything inside of me but for now I'm embracing the fact that they're not here to hurt me now.

I don't know why they're not here but I thank whatever is stopping them from hurting me.

My head rests on something hard but comfy, which is surprising because my bed has never been this comfy, and my eyebrows furrow at the masculine smell that hits my nose. I bury my head into my pillow I'm lying on and my eyebrows furrow when my arm hits something.

Suddenly I hear a groan and my eyes shoot open and I see Mr Styles lying on the bed next to me. He groans and starts to wake up. As he moves I shuffle back but fall out the small bed, letting out a yelp.

My head hits the ground and that's when they start.

They start screaming in my head. All I can hear is screaming...but it's not them.

Flashback-

"Mummy, what's that noise?" I ask as she cleans up the dishes.

I was playing with some of the spoons and drawing faces on them since I didn't have anything else to play with, but then I heard the screaming and the shouting from outside.

Mummy doesn't reply so I tug on her dress, "Mummy there's screaming outside."

The screaming becomes louder and I'm starting to think it's more than one person. They sound scared, like they're being threatened or something.

Mummy still doesn't reply and I start to tap her on the arm, "Mummy!" I say.

"What is it you little bitch?" She spits and her eyes are bloodshot and she looks as if she's been crying a lot.

"Momma, I just wanted to ask a question." I take steps back every time she moved forward.

She smirks, "You know what they say baby girl? Curiosity kills the cat." She spits and I gasp when she takes a soapy knife from the sink. "Or in this case, kills the little bitch who asks too many questions." 

I scream as she cuts my cheek with the kitchen knife and tears pour from my eyes. The salty water makes my cut sting and I wipe my cheek with my sleeve to get rid of the blood. "Momma stop!" I scream and she grabs my wrist and takes me to the room where I go when mummy and daddy leave to do their 'special business'. 

She throws me against the wall and I groan in pain. "You stay in here until I come back and let you out again!" She yells at me and slams the door shut. 

I let my tears fall and I curl up into a ball in the corner. It's so dark and cold in here and I'm all alone. I shut my eyes and try hard to sleep so I won't be able to feel the pain anymore, but the screaming won't stop. 

So I join them.  

I cover my ears with my hands and start shaking my head. I curl up into a ball and try to protect myself from everyone. All I can hear is the screaming, over and over and over again and it won't stop.