Part Thirty-Four

Part Thirty-Four

Harry.

After my call with Beth, I rush to get back to the hotel, my heart racing in my want to see her. She's so open to me, last night being one of our most intimate nights and hopefully there will be more. I don't think I could look at another girl; my heart belonging to her.

Beth has off of work today and I know we both still have to go into the hospital, my need to see my sick mother and she needs to see hers. I clutch the steering wheel tightly, remembering the current events of Jonah yelling shit at me over the phone before I called Beth. His mind is still fucking demented, thinking I need to come back to him after the deal we did. I quit my job and stopped everything the day she left. I cut myself off from the world besides the night Gemma came to my apartment thinking I was dead on an overdose or something.

I drank like hell that month and needed nothing more than to have comfort; her comfort. I have one picture of her, taking it when she wasn't looking. Her smile bright and her eyes lightly closed. I printed it out and stuck the picture in the empty frame I had on my dresser, the one I had no reason to use until now. I moved it to my bedside table, looking at it every night, my guilt washed in my body.

Every day was spent in my apartment, never leaving because I was too afraid to face the world. Karma came to me in the worst way and I was deprived of my heart. I was a heart-less person and a blood thirsty fighter who had nothing to live for. I was in a game of finding myself and I ended up making a fucked up decision that lead to the girl I love leaving me.

I pull into the parking lot of the hotel and I park, walking to my trunk and opening it, grabbing all her stuff that was in her motel room and carrying it into the hotel with me. She barely has anything, just scrubs, tees and jeans, shoes, laptop, and a couple books. I walk in and carry myself to the elevator, walking in and hitting the top floor button. I walk onto the floor and to the room, opening it and seeing the room completely bright, the sun shining through the windows and a warm feeling in the place. I set the box of stuff down and take my shoes off along with my hoodie, walking to the bedroom. The all white room has the sun infiltrated in the windows, making the room seem brighter.

My eyes land on the dark brown hair, splayed along the pillows of the bed. My lips curve into a smile and I walk over to her, her dark lashed pressed onto her cheeks. Her soft exhales signal she's fallen asleep again, clutching my copy of Pride and Prejudice in her arms. She was probably reading it and then fell asleep, dreaming of the love of Elizabeth and Darcy.

Her hand gently curls into a soft fist, her fingers pressing to her palm. My want grows and I gently climb on the bed, wrapping my right hand under the left side of her rib cage, kissing around her cheek and face, going to her ear and kissing it.

"Baby, wake up," I whisper, gently holding her body to me. Her eyes gently open, the big, bright blue eyes captivating my own. She smiles and lets go of the book, her hand placing it on the table and turns to me, grabbing my cheeks in her hands.

"Why'd you leave?" she whispers, kissing my cheek and twisting the curls on the bottom of my neck. I failed to comb my hair this morning, too busy gathering her stuff.

"I got your stuff out of the motel, transferring you here."

Her soft expression assures me she is fine with my decision, but she moves her tiny lips off my cheek, looking up at me.

"We could've done it later and you couldn't stayed with me," her whispers tickling at my lips, my eyes focusing on her eyes.

"I wanted to have all day with you Beth. Plus I'm here now and I can totally cuddle with you."