Part Seven

Part Seven

I lay awake almost all night, a strange feeling mixing in my stomach. I can't move, due to Harry closely holding onto me, his embracive arm wrapped around me, his hand place in a fist above my chest. I decide that it would be best to leave, not seeing any point in staying here if I can't fall asleep and don't feel good. I know he will probably wake up in my attempt to leave, but it is still just making me nervous, sleeping with him and we were arguing less than 8 hours ago.

My small fingers wrap around his hand and wrist, slightly pulling his hand off my chest. His fingers barely wrap around my thumb and I freeze. His body relaxes back into sleep, letting my escape become a little easier. I slide carefully away from him and his face frowns. My nerves take over, moving the pillow I had my head on to his chest, his hand letting go of my thumb and letting me exit. Harry's arm wraps around the pillow and I get out of the bed frantically, grabbing my dress off the floor and walking to the living room. My feet nearly trip every other step, due to the massive pants on my legs.

My heels are placed next to the door and I lean down, picking them up and grabbing my phone off the table. I turn the front doorknob and walk out, the humid air hitting my skin. The rain is gone and now it's about 4 in the morning, leaving me in the dark. My house is only two blocks from here and is the easiest walk.

I start down the sidewalk and pass multiple closed stores and restaurants. The air silent and moon brightly shining in the sky. So beautiful and clear tonight, freshly smelling of rain.

I turn into my sidewalk and walk to the front door, my fingers punching in the front code and walking in and throwing my shoes and dress to the ground. My head and heart race, not knowing what Harry will do tomorrow. The little things can cause him to become angry so easily, and he specifically told me not to leave, and I did.

My fingers turn off the lights and I walk to my room, collapsing on the bed and pulling the warm sheets over me. My eyes shut and I am asleep in minutes.

I wake up and my first instinct is to check my phone. It's noon and I should've known Harry would call me. But not 14 times and message me 30 times. I am scared now that he's going to try and attack someone, go and hurt them for no reason, or worse... me. But my mind drifts off as I hear pounding on my front door, breath hitching in my throat and my heart racing. I get out of bed, still in his clothes, and walk to the nearly shaking door, my fingers trembling.

"Beth let me in!"

It's definitely Harry. His husky voice enraged and fists assumingly clenched, knuckles white as they pound on my door. I slowly open it and his jaw is clenched, lips pressed into a straight line, black adorning his body and his tall stature intimidating to my small one.

"Do you know what it was like to wake up to find that you were gone?!"

He walks into my house and stands over me, his eyes piercing into mine. I run back into the wall and he stands over me. I close my eyes and fear the worse, knowing something will happen, something bad.

"I thought you were going to be there this morning. I thought we were getting somewhere Beth! Why did you leave me?!"

I lean my head down and look at my toes, his long plaid pants covering them. I bite my bottom lip and my hair falls in front of me, causing my vision to be blocked.

"I-I don-"

"Beth, stop stuttering."

A single sob breaks on my lips and his hands unclench. I look up at him and he has completely changed from rage to sympathy.