The Pill - 14

Thomas wouldn't come out of the bathroom. That's right. He locked himself inside. He couldn't bring himself to face Alex after what he did. Granted, it wasn't his fault. But he didn't care, he had scared Alex. Just that one phrase sent shivers down his spine. Alex didn't sleep that night. He was sure of it. It's me, he thought to himself. The cause of all Alex's pain and misery was due to him. He didn't help Alex in any way. Thomas started wondering if it be best that he left this relationship. He didn't want to further hurt Alex. It's all me.

"Thomas!" Thomas heard banging on the bathroom door. He opened his mouth to respond, and immediately he started crying.

"Yes?" Thomas said through a horribly covered up cry.

"Thomas please don't cry, just come out." Alex said, almost annoyed.

"No."

"Why, Thomas? I need to go to the bathroom!"

Thomas didn't respond. He carefully opened the door, his tears falling on the knob. As soon as it was open, Thomas dashed away from Alex, locking himself in the laundry room. Alex let out an annoyed yell. He stomped over to the laundry room.

"JEFFERSON." Alex yelled, practically kicking the door.

"You said- sniff sniff -you were going to the bathroom."

"I sai-"

"Liar."

Alex rubbed his temple, groaning.

"Thomas, I need to tell you something"

"Yeah well I need to *sniff* tell you something! I'm a horrible person that *sniff* doesn't deserve you. I am so so so so sorry ab-"

"Thomas, just shut up." Alex said jiggling the door handle. Thomas didn't say anything. He slowly opened the door, looking at the floor when Alex pulled him out of the room. He threw him on the couch. Thomas folded his hands in his lap, tears still falling rapidly down his face. He thought he would be stronger than this, but apparently not. Alex sat down next to him as Thomas hesitantly looked at him.

"Where did you go this morning?" Thomas asked, wiping his face.

"That's what I want to talk to you about..." Alex said placing a hand on Thomas's thigh. Thomas looked at his hand, his eyes full of confusion. He bit has lip as he removed Alex's hand and stood up.

"Alex, I don't think I'm-"

"Thomas, sit down. Now." Alex said. He spoke in a voice that made Thomas tremble. Very rarely did he use this voice. Holding his arms, Thomas sat father away.

"What is it." he whispered, tears still free falling.

"I went to Keri this morning."

"What?! Why-"

"And I told her what happened."

Thomas shook. He couldn't see through his tears.

"Why?!? Alex you-"

"Thomas, listen. I want you to know that the Alex that you saw yesterday... that wasn't me. It wasn't the real me. I don't want to be scared of you, I-I'm not scared of you. I talked to Keri about it, and I told her she was wrong. Oh... I told her good. I demanded a different plan. Thomas, I know this is hard for you too, but it's not your fault. You need to know that. I honestly don't have a clue what the hell is happening, but I do know that it's a horrible feeling. So now, I'll be free of that horrible feeling for 9 hours a day. It'll help me with the dreams." Alex said with a warm smile, putting his hand back on Thomas's thigh.

"H-how, what-why?" Thomas stuttered out, utterly confused. Alex reached into his pocket and pulled out a small, pink pill. He placed it in Thomas's hands. Thomas stared at the pill as if it was a bomb. He pursed his lips, trying not to cry as he pushed in back into Alex's hands. This was too much. I need to leave, was the only think Thomas could think.

"Alexander, I really don't think I should be with-"

"No, Thomas. Don't even say it. Because it's not true. One thing that Keri said was true; I need to face my fears. Not run away from them."
Alex moved closer to Thomas, leaning over him as he sat on the couch.

"Or have my fears run away from me." Alex said with his eyes opened half way. Thomas looked up at Alex, tears still streaming down his face.

"N-no, Alex. Just let me leave-" Thomas started, unable to move under Alex. Alex positioned himself so that he was standing over Thomas, both hands on his shoulders. Thomas sat on the couch, his hands at Alex's hips.

"Let's finish what we started, Jefferson." Alex said in a low whisper. Thomas shook his head, still crying. He didn't want to do this. He didn't want to hurt Alex, no matter how many times he said he was "fine".

"Please Alex, just *sniff* get off me." Thomas said, turning his head to the side.

"Please Thomas..." Alex said slowly as he moved his body closer to Thomas. His stomach rubbed against his, making Thomas moan slightly. He looked up at Alex through teary eyes.

"Alex, no!" Thomas cried, trying to push Alex off of him. Alex stayed put, bringing his face to Thomas's.

"Thomas, yes." Alex whispered in his ears. Thomas whimpered under him, trying to move. Alex held his shoulders with strong arms.

"Please Thomas. I'll be fine. You will be fine." Alex cooed, trying to persuade Thomas.

"No. I'm not going to hurt you again. I love you too much Alex." And with that. Thomas abruptly stood up, pushing Alex off. He kissed Alex on the forehead before walking off, rubbing his eyes. Alex started in disbelief. Alex huffed, he wanted Thomas. But that wasn't really fair, was it? Telling him that he was being controlled by a pill and suddenly allowing him unto himself? No. Alex sighed. Thomas needed time. But he made a promise to himself that by the end of the next two weeks, he would not need any pills. He could love Thomas like he used to. And Thomas could love Alex like he used to;

Without fear.

WHEEEEE YAY SO THAT HAPPENED GUYS TELL ME IF THE PLOT IS GETTING BORING LUKE I KINDA WANT TO RIGHT A DIFFERENT STORY NOW I WANTED TO WRITE A READERxLAFAYETTE AND I HAD A REALLY GOOD IDEA BUT LIKE I DONT WANNA GIVE UP ON THIS STORY SOOOOO LEAVE COMENTS BABES and don't forgot to vote lel ily