I Hate You - 61

*angst*

-------------------------------------------------------
  Philip and Anna sat on the couch in their apartment, just watching Tv. Alex and Thomas had left to go do some work, and left Anna in charge.

"I'm bored, sis." Philip yawned, stretched across her lap.

"What do you wanna do, buddy?" Anna asked, running a hand through the three-year old's hair. Philip opened his mouth to answer when the front door shot open. Alex stormed into the apartment, Thomas from following close behind.

"ARGH!" Alex yelled, throwing his stuff on the ground. He continued to yell incoherently at Thomas, clearly agitated. Anna and Philip's faces dropped, Anna turning off the TV. Philip is careful and smart enough to be quiet. They listen onto their conversation, or more like fight.

"I cannot believe you sometimes!" Alex yelled, throwing his stuff on the ground.

"Look, it was an act of business sacrifice! I chose Madison for the position because he contained more of the aspects needed, not because he's my best friend." Thomas said angrily.

"What the hell do you mean "business sacrifice"?! I could have done so much more for the business! Thomas, Madison is way too soft spoken. He won't be able to fight anyone. He can't-"

"That's just the thing!" Thomas growled, rubbing his temple of before looking down at Alex. "Not every role in this business requires fighting, or being rude, or just being loud!" Thomas yelled. As Alex grew more furious, he pushed Thomas's chest slightly, continuing in his rant. Alex watched as Anna took Philip and walked out of the room.

THOMAS'S POV

It took every fiber in his body not to yell back at the short, stubborn man. Thomas continued to remind himself;

Don't yell

No fear allowed

Don't push him back

No fear allowed

Don't raise your voice at him

No fear allowed

Do not scare him

Never, ever any fear allowed.

Thomas struggled beside himself. The reason he didn't choose Alex for the position was because Alex couldn't do it. No matter what he said to oppose it. Washington consulted with Thomas as well. This job took time which Madison had. Alex, however, couldn't take up two jobs. He didn't have as much time. He already stayed up working late. He physically and mentally he couldn't take more. He needed time with Philip too.
As Thomas contained himself, Alex went full out. He snapped his fingers in front of Thomas's face.

"Listen, Jefferson."

Oh no he didn't.

"I'm not calling you out for calling Madison up because he's your best friend. I'm calling out on the fact that he can't do anything and you made the wrong choice! I can wright faster and more diligently than him. I can stay up longer than him. I can manipulate the board. I can fight-"

"OKAY, WELL WE DON'T ALWAYS NEED YOUR LOUD ASS MOUTH FIGHTING WITH THE MAIN BOARD!" Jefferson yelled, finally blowing his top. Alex was being irrational. Alex closed his mouth as Thomas continued.

"Listen Hamilton. Just 'cause you're good with words and can fight back DOES NOT MEAN YOU ALWAYS HAVE TO!" Thomas yelled, walking towards Alex. Alex's face went red, contorting in anger. He huffed as advanced as well.