He's changed - 67

"No no no n-no I can't go! Please A-Alex, don't make me go!" Thomas cried, pulling his arms back and hiding under the duvet once more. Alex held back his own cry and sat next to Thomas on the bed, still holding his arms.

"Thomas I know it's hard, but we need to do this. We need to. Laurens claims that he's changed, and I don't believe that any less than you do, but we need to go show him that we're not afraid. That you're not afraid." Alex said softly but surely, trying to pull Thomas out of bed again. Thomas yelped and fell back into the bed once more, curling up into a ball and wrapping himself in covers. He wiped his dried tears and looked down at his toes peaking out from under the blanket.

"I'm scared, Alexander. I don't like it." Thomas whimpered. Alex stared in disbelief, watching his strong and confident husband deteriorate under the influence of one man. He sighed deeply and crawled over to Thomas, hugging his back. He brought his lips to Thomas's ears.

"I'll protect you. Laurens won't lay a finger on you, alright? Trust me, okay. I love you." Alex reassured, placing light kisses on his neck and cheek. Thomas sighed shakily and nodded.

"I love you too."

"I LOVE YOU TOO DADDY!" Philip yelled, running through their bedroom door, jumping over to the bed and into Thomas's lap. Thomas immediately wiped his tears, and a huge smile plastered on his face.

"Hey buddy! H-how long were you standing there?" Thomas laughed nervously, hugging his son close to his chest.

"Long enough to hear you say you love me." Philip giggled. Alex and Thomas both laughed heartily, the three embracing.

"Wow you guys, that's fine, don't include me." Anna chucked, leaning against the doorway. The three boys' heads turned to look at the teenager.

"Haha, get over here!" Alex laughed, opening his arms. Anna laughed and joined the group hug, snuggling up to Alex's chest. Philip giggled and pulled on Anna's hair, Thomas hugging the whole family.

"I l-love you g-guys..." Thomas whispered. Anna glanced as Alex once, both thinking about the same thing before looking back at Thomas.

"We love you too, Thomas." They all said. Anna placed a hand on Thomas's shoulder, looking deep into her brother's eyes.

"And you're gonna be fine today, okay? You have Lexi, and you have yourself." She said calmly.

"You're strong."
-------------------------------------------------------

"No."

"Thomas, please we have to get to the meeting! We're already late! Please just get in the car, baby." Alex sighed, about to step into the drivers seat. Thomas stood in front of the car, shaking.

"N-no, I can't... t-the seatbelt..." he whispered. Alex's eyes widened. (GO TO CHAPTER 21 IF YOU DONT REMEMBER THIS)

Alex smile sadly and walked over to the nervous Thomas.

"I'm sorry. I completely forgot about that. Lemme help you in, just keep looking at me, okay?" Alex cooed. Thomas nodded slowly and held Alex's arm. He sat in the seat and Thomas breathed heavily.

"Ready?" Alex asked, raising an eyebrow.

"R-ready."

     Alex brought the belt across his chest, sliding it slowly to the lock. Alex watched tentatively as Thomas's pupils dilated and his breathing quickened, his eyes not leaving the belt. Alex's heart shattered when he heard Thomas let out a weak whimper. He quickly clicked the seatbelt, and his hands cupped Thomas's face.

"You okay?"

"Y-yeah, yes I'm o-okay." Thomas whispered, wiping his forehead. He watched as Alex sat in the drivers seat and closed the door, facing Thomas once more. Thomas smiled sadly.

"Thanks...again."

"Of course babe."

"Just one thing... if I'm afraid of a belt that reminds me of what Laurens did, how am I gonna not stand when I'm gonna be in front of his face today?"
-------------------------------------------------------

AT THE OFFICE

"Alex!! Alex Alex slow down!!" Thomas hissed as he looked around frantically, rushing after Alex into the office building.

"Where the hell is he??" Thomas said as he clinged onto Alex, who was rushing to get to their meeting.

"Thomas, I'm not sure but you and me both need to get to this meeting, okay? Hurry up!" Alex sighed, pulling Thomas along with him. They eventually made it to the hall with the meeting room, and were standing in front of their room. Alex straightened his shirt, and then fixed the frozen Thomas's shirt as well. He looked up at his husband, holding his briefcase close to his body.

"You ready?"

"No."

"Great, let's go- and Thomas? You'll be fine, okay." He said quietly, placing a quick kiss to his lips before pushing the big doors open. Thomas walked through and was met with a lot of eyes. He gulped and followed Alex to their seat. He smiled and nodded his head to the many people that greeted him as he took a seat next to Alex. Alex sat up straight, placing his stuff on the table.

"Ah, Hamilton. Hello Jefferson. Thank you two for joining us today. Today's meeting is very important. You see, the start up the board has requested..." Washington rambled on. Thomas tried to be a good journalist like his husband, but that didn't work. He found himself starting to daydream about randomness. He imagined himself and Philip playing John's video game...weird. It was another 15 minutes when he heard a big crash. He sat up straight and looked to the sound, when he heard everyone gasp. He looked to Alex, whose eyes were also turned to the sound, has mouth hanging. Thomas looked to the source. He gripped his chair, his knuckles turning white. His heard sped up.

"No..."
-------------------------------------------------------

Yeah ik this sucked but I'm typing this between classes and finals soooo yeah... EeeeeEEEEEE IM EXCITED TO TYPE THE NEXT CHAPTER