Chapter 28

== Ashton's POV ==

It's 5:30 in the morning and I'm struggling to keep my eyes open while I drive. I don't know why I decided to do this so fucking early. I shouldn't have planned to do everything in one morning, but I couldn't help it. I just want to fix everything for Maddie.

I manage to pull into Luke's driveway without getting into an accident and stumble out of my car. Yeah, I definitely should have planned to do this another time when I was more alert. But that isn't going to keep me from dealing with this. I grab my bag from the backseat and sling it over my shoulder before heading toward the door.

When we exchanged keys, I have to admit I thought it was the dumbest thing ever. I hadn't even used them once. But since Maddie's been back, these keys have been like Jesus. I walk inside Luke's house with no problem.

I'm not worried about disturbing anyone but him, either. Having been his best friend helps out with that, too. His parents leave by 5 and he has no siblings living at home anymore. Plus he sleeps til 6:30. I'm safe.

I creep up the stairs slowly, careful not to wake him up before I really want to, and pull a water bottle out of my backpack. I wish I could use something that could wake him by scaring him just to make sure he listens, but I'm not going to do that. Obviously. I'm not a fucking psycho.

I know Maddie told me not to start anything with him. But I'm not about to, honestly. I'm going to end things. As long as it all goes my way.

His door is closed and I hope I don't make a sound as I slowly turn the knob with my free hand. When I open it, he still lays fast asleep in his bed...with Hannah beside him. It's funny to me, considering Maddie and I were just in that position a few days ago. But also considering the fact that it's them, it just makes me angrier and gives me more incentive to carry this out. At least now I don't have to deal with them separately.

Without any hesitation, I open the water that I hope is still ice cold and pour it over both of their heads. I brought quite a few bottles, so this isn't ending soon. Once the first one is empty, I pull another two out of my bag and open them as well.

"Wake up, fuckers," I say loudly, still drenching them in water.

Hannah is the first to wake, abruptly shooting up in her spot and screaming before moving to cover her shirtless body with the sheets. I throw some water right in her face, just for laughs.

"What the fuck, Ashton!" She screeches.

Luke is startled awake right after her. He sits up and squints at me, but I don't stop drenching them until I run out and I have no choice. When all of my water bottles are scattered around me, empty, I let my hands fall to my sides and realize just how much of a rage this alone put me in. The two of them are watching me with raised eyebrows while I breathe heavily.

"What the fuck are you doing?" He laughs, only making my mood worse. I forgot that we were still kind of friends and this could be seen as some kind of joke. I really should have consulted my mom or something before doing this.

I walk over to his side of the bed and grab his wet shirt in my hand, pulling him closer to me to make my anger more clear. He doesn't seem to get it still, a smirk playing on his face.

Hannah knows what it's about, though. I can tell. Her eyes are wide and it's obvious she thinks there's about to be a fight. I wish that was the case, but that would be considered "starting" something.

"Hey Luke, I got you something," I push him back down forcefully and pull my bag off my shoulder. I whip the gift card I bought the night before out and throw it at him like a frisbee. It smacks his chest before landing in his lap and he chuckles.