Chapter 23

Stormie's POV

Well, today's the day. Today, Mark, Ross, and myself all go to Ross' doctor for the first time. His name is Dr. Will. Basically, he's going to give us treatment information, and more details about Ross' cancer in general. We have to leave around noon, because the appointment is at twelve-thirty. Right now, I'm checking to make sure that Ross doesn't have any other commitments today after his doctor's appointment. I think all of this information he's going to receive today will be more than enough for him to handle. I look at the time, which is ten. I decide to go downstairs and get breakfast. Mark's still asleep, so I try to be as quiet as possible. I can wake him to get ready later. I set my phone on my nightstand, and exit the room that I share with Mark. I go downstairs into the kitchen, and see Ryland and Riker. They are at the island eating cereal.

"Good morning, boys!" I say as I get out a bowl, and a pack-it of instant oatmeal. I pour the oatmeal into a bowl.

"Good morning, mom!" they reply together, as I pour water into the bowl. I grab a spoon, and sit down at the island with them.

"Do you know if anyone else aside from yourselves have woken up already?" I ask.

"Rydel is awake. She just went upstairs to get ready for her 'Girl's Day' with Kylie." Riker informs me.

"What about Ross?" I ask.

"He's still asleep." Ryland tells me.

"He's probably playing possum. He has his first doctor's appointment with the cancer doctor." I say.

"I hope it goes OK." Riker says. Then, he takes a bite of his cereal, which happens to be Captain Crunch.

"I hope so, too. Boys, when we get back, don't badger him with questions about the visit. Let him talk about it when he's ready." I inform them.

"Don't worry, we won't. We know that this is a hard topic for him to talk about." Ryland tells me.

"OK, thanks boys. I think you two get the house to yourselves today." I say, as I continue to eat my oatmeal.

"Actually, we may go see a movie. We'd watch one here, but we don't want to bother Rocky with our 'sound effects'." Riker says, as they turn to each other, and burst into laughter. Once they calm down, I speak.

"That's fine, just make sure that Rocky's OK enough to leave alone." I say sternly, so they get my point.

"OK." Riker says. After that, we don't talk as much, we mostly focus on our breakfast. After I finish my oatmeal, I get up, and put my bowl into the sink, and make my way upstairs to do my 'wake up calls'. I decide to wake up Mark first. I go into our room, and sit on the bed. I lightly shake him.

"Mark, honey, you have to get up. Ross' appointment is today." I say, as his eyes flutter open.

"Oh yeah! Thanks for reminding me!" he says, as he gets out of bed leaving the room, probably getting breakfast. Next, I decide to see if Rocky's awake. I walk over to his room, and quietly open the door. He's still asleep. I decide to let him sleep. He needs all of the sleep he can get right now. I quietly close his door, and walk over to Ross and Ryland's room. I open the door, and see that he's on his phone. Once he sees me, he tries to make it look like he's asleep.

"Ross." I say as I walk over to his bed. He pulls the covers over his eyes. "Ross, I know you're awake." I say flatly. He decides to give up. He sits up, and looks at me.

"I'm up." he says, very un-enthusiastically.

"Sweetheart, you have to get ready for your appointment." I say.