Chapter 38

Ross' POV

"Beep Beep Beep!" Is the first thing I hear when I wake up. I groan and roll over to make my alarm clock shut up. The clock says ten o'clock. I don't remember setting that last night. Now that I think about it, I bet it was Riker that set it for rehearsals today. Anyway, I force myself to get out of bed, and walk over to my closet. I pull out a random t-shirt and jeans, and put them on. I brush my hair, then go into the bathroom to brush teeth. I go back into my room for my phone. I turn it on to check for texts. I see my background, which is me and Kylie. That reminds me that I'm going to her house today to tell her that I know about her kiss with Rocky. Anyway, I go downstairs. Everyone's already cleared out of the living room. I make my way into the kitchen. Everyone is eating breakfast at the table, except for my parents. I get a waffle from the freezer, and put it into the toaster. While it heats, I pour myself a glass of orange juice. I put the juice away, then my waffle comes out of the toaster. I take my breakfast to the table, and sit at one of the heads. Usually, I sit on the side, but this seat is the farthest from Rocky.

"OK, right after breakfast, we're going to have practice." Riker says. I look around, and notice that my siblings and Ellington are still in their PJs.

"When is the show we're rehearsing for?" Rydel asks.

"Three days after Rocky gets his boot." Riker says. "So, about two weeks." Riker says, finishing his thought. After about seven minutes, we're all done with breakfast. Everyone goes upstairs, and I go ahead and go downstairs, since I'm already dressed. When I get downstairs, I get my guitar, and sit with it on the couch. I begin to tune it. Once I'm done, I start mixing random chords. After about ten minutes, Riker comes downstairs. It doesn't surprise me that he's already ready. He's always gotten ready the fastest out of all of us. He grabs his bass, and starts to tune it. "Hey." he says, in the middle of nowhere.

"Hi. How long is practice?" I ask.

"Maybe a little over an hour, why?" he asks back.

"I want to tell Kylie that I know about the kiss." I say back.

"Oh, OK. Are you still mad at Rocky? He was pretty down last night." Riker says. Honestly, I don't really care if he's sad about the fact that I'm mad at him, because it was HIS fault!

"Oh. So, this gig is in like two weeks?" I ask. Riker nods. Seconds later, everyone else comes down the stairs. The only person missing is Ryland. Now that I  think about it, I think he's at a friends house. We all walk into the practice space. Rydel and Ratliff get behind their instruments. Riker pulls up a chair for Rocky, and hands him his guitar. Riker then goes to his mic.

"OK, let's get started. Does anyone have any requests?" Riker asks.

"Want U Bad?" I suggest. I glare at Rocky. He obviously wanted Kylie bad. Once he sees me glaring at him, he just looks down.

"Let's do that one second. Forget About You is a lot better to start with." Riker says.

'Wait, if you knew what you wanted to start with, then why did you ask the rest of us?" Rydel asks. Riker shrugs. "OK, let's just get started." Rydel suggests.

"OK, 1, 2, 3" Riker says. We start to play Forget About You.

"Oh no, here we go, hear your voice on the radio, like every single song is about you. Every sec that we spent, lots of mess stuck up in my head, got me so distracted and confused." Riker sings. My turn.

"Baby I think I've lost my mind, feels like it crashed into my life, I keep on losing track of time, I'm so messed up, yeah." I sing.

"I"M SO MESSED UP!!!" we all yell.