Chapter 29

• Dedicated to My Dad

Kylie's POV

"I'm afraid you have throat cancer." Dr. Smith tells me. I barely manage to get out,

"Are you serious?" Tears threaten to spill down my face.

"Yes I am, Ms. Stonewell." he says. A look of sympathy of fills in his eyes. I guess he figures I'm in too much shock to speak, he just continues to speak. "This cancer looks very mild. The term us doctors use is cancer jr." he tells me.

When and where am I going to be treated?" I ask.

"We haven't picked out a hospital quite yet, because we want to run a couple more tests on what we took. But, once we do put you somewhere, we will call and tell you all you need to know." he explains. I try and digest all of this new information. I can tell there's a look on my face that shows shock, fear, and confusion. "Ms. Stonewell, you look very confused." he states.

"It's just so weird. A couple of months ago, my boyfriend was diagnosed with throat cancer, too." I say.

"Mr. Lynch, right?" Dr. Smith asks. I nod. "Your results and Mr. Lynch's results look very different from each other, which is why we want to run a few more tests on your samples before putting you somewhere." he explains.

"OK." I say. I look at the clock, which reads one-thirty. "I should get going." I say.

"Very nice to meet you." Dr. Smith says, walking me out. We shake hands, then I walk out to my car. Once I get in my car, I start bawling. How is this possible? Why did this happen to me? After about five minutes, I pull out a mirror. I fix all of my eye makeup that got ruined by my tears. I don't bother putting new makeup on. I should tell Ross now. He's still at set. Well, it looks like for the first time ever, I'm going to the Austin and Ally set. I turn on the car, and drive to the set. I get there in about ten minutes. Once I park, I open up the glove box. I pull out the access pass that Ross gave me for if I ever needed him while he was on set. I put it on, then walk over to the entrance. I show the security guard my pass, and walk into the studio. Woah, TV sets are CRAZY. A bunch of random people floating everywhere, how does Ross do this? Anyway, once I get TOTALLY lost, I decide to ask for help. I walk up to someone facing away from me, and tap their shoulder. It's Rani Rodregiuz!

"Where's Ross Lynch?" I ask. She gives me a confused look. "I'm his girlfriend, Kylie." I say, introducing myself.

"Oh, you're the famous Kylie! I'm Rani!" she says, shaking my hand. "I think Ross is in his dressing room." she tells me.

"Where's that?" I ask.

"First time here?" she asks. I nod. "I'll show you the way!" she says. Wow, she's REALLY nice! Anyway, we finally reach the hallway that has all four of the main cast's dressing rooms. "Here it is!" she says, pointing to a door with a sign reading, 'Ross Lynch'.

"Thank you so much!" I say.

"No problem!" she says. She begins to walk back to where she was before I talked to her. OK, I have to be as calm as possible. That's going to be really hard. Let's just get this over with. I knock on the door, and wait a few seconds. No answer. I try again, and once again, no one answers. I decide to just barge in. I can't wait any longer! I open the door, and am shocked, hurt, and surprised by what I see. Ross and Laura are sitting on his couch kissing!

"Ross!" I yell. He notices me, and immediately pulls back. He looks guilty, and at loss of words.

"Kylie, I-" is all he says before I cut him off.

"Save it Ross. Today has been horrible. I came here to get comfort from you, and see you and Laura, someone you said you'd NEVER like in that way, kissing?!" I say, steaming mad.