Chapter 49

Ross' POV
It's been a little over a month since my family came to the hospital and we all learned that I'm cancer free. Kylie and I have spent a lot of time together since then. Rydel's 21st birthday was a little over a week ago. We had a pretty low key celebration because she didn't really want to do anything big. We went to dinner at J Alexander's, where she got her first 'adult beverage'. Then, we all went back to our house, and had a movie marathon. Also, the day after Kendall came home, she asked Rocky out, and they've been dating ever since. It's only been around a month, but they just seem so perfect for each other. Also, we recorded a four song EP shortly after I came home. The fans had a positive reaction to it when we released it. Anyway, today is August 23rd. The only reason that I remember that is because we have another R5 practice. Ever since I've fully recovered, dad's been making us practice a lot more, which I don't really get considering I just recovered from throat cancer. Maybe it's just because we didn't get a lot of practice time in as a band recently with me in the hospital. Oh well, I bet it'll make sense eventually. I'm getting ready for practice right now. I only have two minutes before I have to be downstairs, so I just throw on a random shirt and pair of jeans. I also put on the pair of converse that Kylie got me for Christmas, because the floor in the basement floor is cold. I leave my room, and go the the main floor, then to the basement. Everyone is down here except for Rydel. Even Ratliff is already down here, and he didn't even sleep over last night. I notice that dad is down here, which is normal. The abnormal thing is that mom is down here. So is Ryland. They never come down here when we practice. Everyone pretty much stays silent until Rydel comes down here.

"Sorry I'm late. I overslept a little." she says, sitting down next to Riker.

"Kids, we some exciting news!" Dad says. All of our faces light up in excitement. "In late September, R5 will start it's first official world tour!" Everyone's faces look slightly different. Riker is smiling, Rydel looks slap happy, Ratliff looks excited, and Rocky looks excited with a hint of nervousness. I think I know what he's nervous about, and I'm nervous about the same thing.

"Dad," I say before he talks over me.

"Now Ross, we checked with your doctor, and he said that you're completely healthy, and traveling won't be a problem."

"Dad-"

"You won't overwork your voice, and if it feels tired during the day, you can just rest it until a show, and everything will be fine, and-"

"Dad!" I say, finally getting him to stop talking.

"What, son?"

"What about me and Rocky? Both of us have girlfriends." I say.

"Boys," mom says. "This may not sound fair, but your dad and I decided that if Kylie wants to come, she can."

"What about Kendall?" Rocky asks.

"Rocky, I'm going to be honest. You've only dated her for a month. What if you two break up, and we're in, Europe, for example? If she wants to go home, that would be very expensive." mom says.

"You don't think we'll stay together? Ross and Kylie haven't even dated for a year! What if they break up?" A hurt look takes Rocky's face. The mood just went from excited to tense very fast.

"Now, sweetie-" mom starts.

"They've had their problems! I mean, Kylie kissed me after she came home from Tennessee!" Normally, I'd be a little upset that he brought that up, but given the situation, I decide to let it go.

"We know, but they've survived issues before. You and Kendall haven't had any problems. While that's good, it causes us to not know how extreme things could get." mom explains.