Body Image

Gabriel x Reader

Prompt: "How long have you been standing there?"

"Ugly." You kept repeating to yourself as you stood in front of your closet, trying to find something to wear. "Ugh. I don't want to wear any of these. They'll just make me look bloated, fat and ugly." You told yourself out loud, rummaging through everything in frustration.

It was a fact that your jeans were fitting a little tighter than normal. Your normally favorite shirts seemed tight and constricting. It was hard, realizing that you had gained some weight, and that was one thing you didn't need.

Stepping in front of your mirror, you glanced at your body in distaste. Too much soft skin, too pudgy around the middle. Stretch marks where they shouldn't be. Everything about your body seemed wrong, and you hated yourself even more for it.

"Damn it, why do I have to be so freaking ugly?" You yelled at the mirror, tears welling up in your eyes as you stared at the pudgy figure staring back at you.

"That's what you think?" A familiar voice asked softly from off to the side. "That you're fat and ugly?"

Turning, you stared over at Gabriel with tear stained eyelashes. Sniffling you nodded. "How long have you been standing there?"

"Too long. Not long enough." He answered confusingly. "Y/N, it literally pains me that you think of yourself that way."

Trying to cover up your body, you reached over for your over sized sweatshirt, groaning when Gabriel pulled it out of your hand. "Nope. We aren't covering up this sweetness until you see what I see."

"Gabe, please." You pleaded with him, hating the fact that the angel you were seriously crushing on was seeing you like this. Now he would never like you, now that he saw how ugly and miserable you truly were.

"No. You need to see this." He argued, his arms wrapping around your waist, the skin to skin contact making you jump. "You are beautiful, inside and out. So what if you have a couple of stretch marks. That's no big deal."

"But it is to me. And my jeans don't fit like they used to. I've gotten even softer." You explained, a tear slipping down your cheek.

"Good. I always thought you were a little too skinny anyways. I like girls who have a little more meat to their bones. Shows they like their sweets just as much as I do."

"But Gabe..." You started, but he pressed a finger to your lips, stopping you.

"No. Y/N, I've been afraid to tell you how I really feel. I'm in love with you. Have been for a while. And seeing you here, torturing yourself and making fun of yourself upsets me."

"You are?" You asked him, and he nodded.

"And that's why I'm going to spend the rest of the evening showing you just how wrong you are. Showing you that this is a body meant to be worshiped. I'm going to show you exactly how beautiful you are to me." He whispered against your ear, before turning you and capturing your lips with his own.