Chapter 1: Arrival

I flap into the cave, following Miss Avocet, my ymbryne. I ache everywhere. My head, my body, my heart. Watching our loop become a slaughterhouse is a horrible thing to witness. The wights attacked just after the reset of our loop. They tried to capture Miss Avocet. Hollows, wights, guns, it was hell. I tried to save them, the others. I tried to lead the hollows away from them. Little did I know only one of the hollows followed me. How was I suppose to know? I can't see them. By the time I led one hollow away, thinking that all the hollows had all followed me, the other hollows had found the children. I managed to kill the single hollow that followed me somehow and got to where the other children were being attacked by the invisible beasts. I was too late. I couldn't save them.

Miss Avocet managed to escape the wights and flew away, as there was nothing left of the loop we knew. Just a slaughterhouse. I followed her. After six hours, we managed to fly in bird form to another loop. This little cave is apparently the entrance. Miss Avocet crashes into the cave wall, nearly hitting a girl standing in the cave. I quickly shape-shift into human form and pick up Miss Avocet. She has deep cuts all over her body and her eyes are really wide. She isn't going to be able to turn back into a human as she looks really traumatised and seriously hurt.

I look up at the girl that Miss Avocet nearly hit. I then notice two things. There is another person in the cave, a boy who looks about 16. And that I know the girl already.

"Emma?!" I exclaim in disbelief, amazed to see my old friend after so many years.

"Y/N?! Is it really you?!" She looks at me wide-eyed for a second before pulling me into a hug.

The boy standing beside her clears his throat.

"I'll see you tomorrow?" He says to Emma.

She nods over my shoulder and he walks out of the cave the way I entered with Miss Avocet. I break free from Emma's embrace with Miss Avocet stuck in bird form, cupped in my hands.

"Emma, you don't know how happy I am to see you again, but I have to talk to your ymbryne. Our loop was raided. I'll explain more later." I tell her. She looks at me, worried.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, but our loop isn't. The children in our loop aren't. And Miss Avocet isn't." To be completely honest, I'm not okay either. But I don't tell her that, there are more important things to worry about rather than me right now.

"Okay..." Emma sounds a little suspicious that I'm lying to her. I think she knows deep down that I am not okay. Who would be after seeing the things I saw? "Come on, our loop is this way."

Together we walk towards another exit in the dark cave, where the darkness finally gives way to sunshine.

____________________________________________________________

Hey guys, this is my first fanfic. I hope you like it. I'll reveal your peculiarity in the next few chapters. But if your really good at comprehension, you may have already worked out what it is. Anyway, give me some feedback - I'd like that!!

~Tamika