Chapter 28: Let's play a little game...

I can nearly see Enoch's curiosity as he stares at me from across the table. He wants to know whether I am who I say I am, I bet. I sigh through my nose, already hearing him asking me the question in my head.

"Y/N, I want to ask—"

"Look, Enoch... I know you have a lot of questions for me because of Olive and your little 'chat', but I need to show you something first." I need to tell him this way. It's the only way I know how to do it. He looks surprised that I know about him and Olive talking about me. He must think I stalk him or something now. Great.

"I'll tell you everything, I promise, I just need to do it my way, okay?" I say.

"Okay." He says.

"This is like a game. I'm going to shape shift into people and tell you about who they are to me and how they made me who I am today. All you have to do is one thing. Once I shape shift into them, you are going to tell me exactly what you think of them. No filter, you have to honestly tell me what you think when you see them. If you think they are nice, mean, ugly, scary, whatever, you have to tell me. Whatever you think, you have to say. Remember no filter; I won't get offended if you say something mean or bad about someone I shape shift into, okay? All you have to do is be honest. And I'll know if you lie to me, so don't even bother. Just... just judge the people I shape shift into the way you would if you were meeting them for the first time. Be judgmental, so I'm basically asking you to do what you did to me the first time you met me at dinner in the loop, okay? Can you do that?" I ask him.

"Yeah, I think I can do that." He says.

____________________________________________________________

Can you Enoch? Can you possibly do that? The thing you do best?

Of course he can. Judgmental is probably his middle name.

~Tamika