Chapter 29: The shape shifter's game

Enoch POV

I don't see what playing this little game of Y/N's is gonna do. How is this supposed to answer my million questions? Oh well. Two can play a game. I'll play along for a while.

She smiles at me, then the blue wave of skin passes over her and she shape shifts into the first person. He is a pretty scary-looking man with dark crease lines in his forehead and savage sideburns. I swear this guy could kill a hollow with this look. He's nearly killing me with this look. Holy shit, I'd run away from him. I want to run away from him, and it isn't even the real person. It's Y/N.

"Well, uh, this guy is, fuck it, he's scaring the shit outta me!"  I tell Y/N

"Well, uh, this guy is, fuck it, he's scaring the shit outta me!" I tell Y/N.

"What about now?" Y/N says in the man's deep voice. The man's hands cross over his chest and then the unthinkable happens. If I thought that this guy couldn't get any scarier, I am so wrong. Metal claws slide out from between the man's fingers, shining in the dim light of the large room.

"HOLY MOTHERFUCKING GOD!  WHO THE HELL IS HE!"  I exclaim, looking at this man, horrified

"HOLY MOTHERFUCKING GOD! WHO THE HELL IS HE!" I exclaim, looking at this man, horrified.

The claws retract immediately. "Enoch, are you okay?" Y/N's voice comes through the man's mouth, not the deep growl of his own voice.

"Um... who is that?"

"This is Logan." Y/N's voice comes through the man's mouth. "He has been my friend since the beginning of time, basically. We have always been friends. His peculiarity was the claws and quick healing. I haven't seen him for years though. It's a wonder I remember what he looks like."

A part of me wishes that Y/N forgot what this man looked like. He scares the absolute shit out of me.

"He was a really nice person. Once you got to know him." Y/N continues on. "He was kinda like you. He hated people until he got to know them better."

"Where did you meet him?"

"In another loop, in another time."

"How many loops have you been in, exactly?"