Chapter 6: She's not a bitch... She's something... else

Enoch's POV

Two new people in our loop in two exactly the same days. Everyone was so excited by the new people, new faces. I don't see why. More people that can now hate me. More people that will now hate me. There are already enough people who hate me in the loop. In the world, I guess. I don't need more people to hate me.

I was bound to hate Jake, clearly. I hated Abe, so why would I like his grandson any more than him? Abe was nice to me, I guess, but really, he was just so... patronizingly nice and... and... it annoyed me that he could leave the loop at any given time. That he could go out of the loop and have a life, a family, but I would forever be stuck here in this one day forever, waiting for nothing. I couldn't wait for a future, a dream, a family, anything outside of this. I couldn't even wait for death. There was nothing coming for me. Nothing for me to get excited about, nothing for me to wait for. All I could do was play with my dolls, reanimating them, making them fight, coz that's really all I know how to do. That's all I have been doing for years. I guess I have also been making my clay homunculi. I've been trying to build an army of my little clay men. Trying to protect myself? Or maybe, my... friends? Are they even my friends? Or really just other people in my loop? I don't even know anymore.

I remember meeting Y/N this morning at breakfast. I hated that the-world-has-hurt-me-bad expression she had on her face. She oozed that give-me-pity vibe. I hated that. It annoyed me. Then when Hugh asked her to tell her story, it just sounded so fake. I mean, I'm sorry, but I have never met a shape shifter. Of course I was gonna question her story. I guess I wasn't very nice inquiring about it, but if she was gonna give me what sounded like bullshit, I was bound to ask questions. My methods may be harsh, but I get results, rather than trying to be nice and getting more bullshit stories or bullshit answers.

She got defensive and showed me up. Sure, I was as pissed as hell I got shown up, but I was kind of... glad, I guess. That she wasn't weak. That she could defend herself in an argument with facts. That she could, supposedly, defend herself in real life too. That she fought for the weak. The world needs more strong people. More people who will dig in their heels and say no. That are willing to fight. Y/N is her own creature, no one else's. Hers.

Then she just walked in. She walked into my room with her dead pig and her eyes full of defiance. She told me exactly what she wanted, and she did it. She gave me the pig heart. Challenge complete. I could tell she hated me. She said as such. Called me every crass, insulting name in existence, basically. But, in a way, she was somehow nice, amidst all of that. She gave me a gift. A boar heart. She actually went out of her way to be nice to me. I don't know why she bothered, I'm sure she has her reasons. One day, I'll ask her. But for now, I'll just feel grateful for it. She told me she'd come back tomorrow to see what I do with my hearts. I don't really know if I want her to come back. She is a bitch. No, actually, not really. I don't know what she is. She's just... different. But I guess everyone is different in their own special way.

She's not a bitch. She's something... else. I don't know what. As I hold the jar containing the boar heart she just gave me, the first gift I have received in a very long time, two words slip past my lips. As she stalks out of my room, slamming the door behind her, I whisper the two words I have not heard from my mouth in a very long time.

"Thank you..."
____________________________________________________________

Awww. I really liked writing Enoch's POV! Tell me if you like it down in the comments. Both positive and negative feedback is welcome. Ask me any questions you have, I'll be happy to answer! Are you guys enjoying the story so far? TEEEEEELL MEEE!!! See ya all later, possibly tomorrow!!

~Tamika