Chapter 33: Surprise bitch!

Jake's POV

The plan will work. The plan will work. The plan will work. I repeat this to myself over and over like a mantra as I walk with Emma and Millard through the snow. We need to get to the auditorium in Miss Avocet's loop where the wights are holding Miss Peregrine and the other kidnapped ymbrynes captive. Y/N said it was over this way, somewhere. The plan will work. The plan will work. The plan will work. It will. Trust yourself, Jake. The others do. So you can as well.

Well, technically they didn't trust me. And they didn't much like my plan much either. Yeah, okay, I'll admit, this is pretty dangerous. But it will work. Right?

A huge looming building sits on the horizon, a very ominous-looking place that nearly dares people to enter, without one of those pathetic 'ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK' signs. I'm betting this is what we are looking for.

"The auditorium is over there." I tell Emma and Millard. "It's not too far now."

"Easy for you to say." A naked Millard shivers beside me. "I'm freezing!"

I feel a little bad. I made Millard take off his clothes at the loop entrance so he couldn't be seen by the wights. I kinda regret the decision though as he could have walked over here with his clothes on then taken them off before we entered the auditorium. I really didn't think this through.

We reach the auditorium and creep around the side of the building, looking for an entrance that isn't the foyer door. I mean, you just can't keep the element of surprise on your side if you just stride in the front door. Unless you're a person like Millard who is not wearing clothes. Even then you can't because people will see the door opening, even if no one appears to enter the room.

We find a side door and pry it open as a thin layer of ice has sealed it shut. I guess the wights weren't expecting us; they haven't even bothered to try and lock us out.

We sneak into the auditorium and hide in the audience seats. Mr. Barron and four hollows are in the centre of the stage, doing... nothing. This is odd. Where are the other wights? Where are the ymbrynes? They must be waiting for something. Hopefully not us.

"How many hollows can you see?" Emma whispers to me.

"Four." I reply as four wights walk in through the front door. So they were waiting. Oh yippee, more wights to try and eliminate. Mr. Barron begins to preach to them about all they have been though and how his research has led up to this 'glorious' day while they sit down, looking completely and utterly bored.

"Okay, Emma, are you ready?" Millard asks Emma as he loops rope around her waist and ties it in a secure knot.

"Probably not but here goes nothing." She replies. Millard hands me the rope and Emma unbuckles her lead shoes. She begins to float up and I let the rope run through my fingers. Once Emma reaches a certain height, I grip the rope tightly to prevent her floating up to the ceiling.

Mr. Barron continues talking, oblivious to what is unfolding behind his back. Emma takes a deep breath, then she begins to yell.

"Hey! You down there. We killed your Hollow friend Mr. Barron! And now we've come for Miss Peregrine. Bring her and all the other Ymbrynes to the end of the pier in five minutes. Or face the consequences!"

"Surprize bitch!"  Millard yells at Mr. Barron's shocked face.

I pull on the rope, lowering Emma down. Millard picks up her lead shoes and we all make a break for the front entrance, running as fast as we can. After exiting the auditorium, I let Emma float up a little so I'm only holding the end of the rope instead of a messy coil of it. We hightail it down the street, not looking back for the risk at what we might see. Everything is going well. So far.

Then we run into trouble.

"Jake, I'm stuck!" Emma screams from above, caught on some power lines. As she tries to untangle herself I glance quickly over my shoulder. I wish I hadn't.

Four hollows and two wights are hot on our trail, only fifty metres behind us.

"Hurry up! They're coming!" I call up to Emma, my voice full of worry. She manages to break free of the power lines and we weave around them.

We run back to the end of the pier, where all the other children are waiting to attack the hollows.

"Phase two!" I yell up at their determined faces. They nod as I give Millard the rope Emma is attached to. He lowers her down and helps her put on her lead shoes as I run through the loop entrance and shout at Enoch and Y/N on the ship.

"Enoch, Y/N, NOW!"

____________________________________________________________

Wow. Jake's POV is actually really hard to write!! I don't know how Ransom Riggs did it in the book! It's impossible to know what this kid's thinking, let alone trying to write it down so it sounds good. Yeah this chapter was pretty shitty if you ask me. All because I can't really write Jacob's POV without it sounding like shit!

I wonder if that's his real name. Ransom Riggs. Who calls their kid Ransom? I bet you guys are all gonna be like: HEY! That's a very popular name ya know! Or: Stop discriminating against Ransom, I mean, look at your name, who calls their kid Tamika? Or: I'm gonna call my kid Ransom, so stop being mean coz I like that name you BITCH! He probably made up that name. Anyway, whatever, it's a free country! Well, at least it is where I live. Don't try guess where I live. You'll never get it!!

Anyway, hope you guys have an amazing day/night/morning/evening/lunch/breakfast/dinner/snack/binge-cake-eating-session or (insert period of time here.)

See ya soon!!

~Tamika