Chapter 15.

J. Cole

Gender reveal party

"Jermaine just do it!" She says while looking at me, while I'm all nervous. "You know what" She takes the knife off from me, "I'll do it myself" "Bey no. Alright alright, give me it." I rolls my eyes. "Y'all ready?" I says looking at our guests.

I push the knife through the cake, forming it into a slice. "Close your eyes." I say as we both do so, after I place the slice in the plate.
"Okay. 3,2,1!" We both open our eyes and look at the cake filled with pink icing inside.

"It's a girl!"

•••

"What are we going to name this girl?" Beyoncé says rubbing her belly bump, as my hand laid on top of hers. "I don't know. I want something with a deeper meaning.." I chuckle. "I've always liked the name Nefertiti" she laughs, "Nah, I ain't giving my daughter that complicated name." I say. "What about Giselle plus Jermaine, Ellemaine." She starts laughing loud, "Nevermind then."

"What about Blue?"

Flashback

"What's your favourite colour?" Jermaine says as he softly caressed Beyoncé's hair, as they laid down in her bedroom, while Bobby Brown softly played in the background.
"I don't know. I like anything. But I have a preference." She smiles. "And that is?" He looks at her. Everytime he looked at her, he always felt his heart race even faster. Even thought both of them were fifteen, they both were so deeply in love with each other, and he always knew he would never feel a love like this ever again, without her by his side.
"Guess." She giggles. "Pink? I don't know." He holds her hand as he looks at her coffin shaped pink nails. "No" she laughs.

"Remember the first time we met each other? That day I was having the worst day. And that's how I ended up at the beach. I would just sit there and stare at the sky, and the sky was fully blue, no clouds. I sat there and sang my tears away. And then you came and talked to me."

"Wassup ma. Hey, why you crying?" He looked at her. "Life. Full of obstacles." I wipe my tears. "I understand. Having a rough day?" He sits next to me. "I'm Jermaine." He smiles at me. When I saw his smile, I felt so many emotions. "I'm Beyoncé." I smile at him. "So, what brings you here?" He looks at the sea. "I always come here whenever I feel stressed or something." I say and he nods.

"It's just something about the clear blue sky, it's so peaceful." I close my eyes. "I feel the same way. I always come here to write some raps." He smiles. "Foreal? You rap? Lemme hear some!" I look at him. "Nah nah, when I feel when you deserve to, you will." He laughs. "Mane, come on!" I hit him playfully. "Nope. I like you Beyoncé, We gonna be good friends" I look at him and just appreciate his features. I knew I was young, but I wanted him.

"I love the colour blue. For many reasons. You know." She laughs. "And one of those reasons were because it made me fall in love with you, how you listened to me talk about that colour for time and didn't get tired of it. We talk for hours and you're always interested." She looks at me in my eyes. She kisses me. "I love you Jermaine."

Flashback Over

"Blue.. I love that name. And the meaning behind it." She smiles. "And remember the that park where we gave our first kiss?" "Ivy Park, how can I even forget that man" I hold her hand. "Blue Ivy.." Her face lights up. "Blue Ivy!" She shouts. "Oh shit! Blue Ivy! Iconic" I laugh at her enthusiasm, "I love it. That's a beautiful name bae." I kiss her belly.

"Blue Ivy Knowles Cole" I smile. "Blue, Blue for the prettiest girl." I kiss Bey. "I love you guys."