Chapter 19.

Beyoncé

2015

They say true love the greatest weapon
To win war, cause by pain..
But every diamond has imperfections.

"Chantel? What you doing here?" I say as I enter the studio, seeing Jermaine & Chantel alone. "H-Hey. We're planning something for you man. Bad timing" Jermaine laughs, "Yeah Yeah" she laughs. "Okay lol" I say confused. "I guess I should get going. We'll finish it later Jermaine" She stands up, "Bye Mrs Knowles, say hi to Blue for me" she gives me a quick hug and leaves the studio.

"So, whatchu doing here?" Jermaine kisses me. "Finish my song" I sit on next to him. "Alright, let's do it then" He stands up and sits next to the mix table.
I feel a bit uneasy seeing them together, I feel suspicious. But I'm probably tripping. "Alright, play the song" I say entering the booth.

Oh nothing real can be threatened
True love breathes salvation back into me
With every tear came redemption
And my torturer became my remedy.

I look to see Jermaine smiling giving me a thumbs up. Nothing feels better but love..
I get off the booth listen to the song with Jermaine. He goes to add some touches and I go sit on the couch working on my laptop.

•••

"I'm exhausted" I lay on the couch. "We finally finished" Jermaine says while on his phone. "I want at least 10 songs in this album, we literally only have 3 so far. Man.." I sigh. "Ma don't worry, there's nothing beyoncé can't do" he laughs and I do too. I turn to the side of the couch and see a red strip, I pull it to see a red lace bra.

"Jermaine what the fuck is this?" I shout standing up quickly. "Hm?" He turns to see me holding it. "Oh baby, that's a bra me and Chantel brought, umm, for your suprise, we decided to get a custom made lingerie for you, but we needed measurements so we bought something close to your size" he goes back to your phone and I breathe. "What? You thought I was cheating? Never" he kisses me. "Let's go home it's already three am" He gets his keys and go.

I was honestly thinking of something but again, I must be tripping. I couldn't be thinking Jermaine and chantel were messing around, that girl is 20 and Jermaine is 31, I know he wouldn't do it, besides, she's my assistant. I'm tripping, I know he's not going to cheat again, he loves me too much for that. Right?

J. Cole

"Mama, I need to stop it" I say on the phone with my biggest mentor, Kay. "You really do. You're my son but right now Jermaine, you're disappointing me so much. Bey is such a great woman, why? Just why?" I sigh and look down, to see my daughter sleeping on my chest. "What if I tell her and she leaves me, and takes Blue?" I say near tears. "You really think she'll take your own daughter away from you? Exactly. Listen baby, all I can tell you is to pray to the Lord. He's your own solution right now. Remember I love you okay?" "Yes ma'am I love you too." I wipe my tears as we hang up.

Every conversation I have with my mom I always reflect from it. I don't know what I would do without her. I look at see Blue smiling in her sleep. What if she ever finds out about all of this? Damn, I can't ever disappointed her.
"Hey baby, who was you talking to?" Bey says entering our room. "With mom" "Oh, its been a while since I haven't talked to her. I will call her later today" She says getting Blue and putting her on her crib.

"So what are the plans for today?" I play with her hair. "Sleep all day, and sweet love all Night long" She laughs. "Word. Let me go to the toilet" I stand up and go do my business.
"Jermaine? Why is Chantel texting you saying 'is she there'?" I hear Beyoncé shout.

Shit..