(5) Alone In My Thoughts

Mum wasn't home yet the house smelt so nice like I always remembered any house we lived in, her obsessive compulsive disorder was a good thing but she also drove me insane because if I made a tiny mess she'd be all over me making sure I cleaned it up to her satisfaction.

I put my bag down in the kitchen how cruel is that!?! It was the first day of school and I got homework for three classes!
I made myself a sandwhich I was starving, then again I'm always hungry I then and went outside towards the lake I needed to relax from all the new information and thinking about what happened today.

I went to the bench and spread out just watching the water, those ducks were back I could hear some kind of water fall or water flowing somewhere, it was so peaceful.

"You're not going to take up all the space on the chair are you pretty lady?" A familiar voice said behind me making me jump.

"So what if I am?" I snapped from being startled.

"Easy, easy now I'm not gonna bite." He laughed and smirked, than sat down making me move.

"Ugh" I grunted moving over.

"You're really not the warm hearted type are you Autumn? Really living up to your name, gorgeous but cold." He laughed sarcastically.

"Whatever, you don't know me, why should you?..You won't even tell me your name.." I smirked this time, trying not to blush that he just called me gorgeous!

"You'll know when you need to know." He said playfully.

"How was school?" He smirked again like he already knew.

"Good, seems I've found my similar place as queen bee like everywhere else." I rolled my eyes.

"Queen bee eh? Not just a pretty face after all." He smirked picking up a pebble and throwing it in the water in front of us.

"What?" I smirked and shrugged. "It's not that much of a big deal is it? How long ago were you there?" I raised an eyebrow I'll get information out of this asshole if it's the last thing I do.

"Last year. I was in the tenth grade." He said staring at the lake.

"So you're the same age as me then?" I smirked finding out how old he was.

"I guess you could say that. Well I stayed back a year so... I'm actually seventeen this year." He smiled he actually gave me a genuine smile.

"Awesome, so he's hot and older than me." I said a little too loudly he heard me.

He just laughed at me. "I guess so."

"You don't talk much do you?..Whatever your name is." I rolled my eyes.

"I'm shy..what else can I say to convince you." He said admittingly.

"Shy? Whatever I don't believe that, you were the one who approached me to start with, how are you shy?" I mocked.

"Well I don't talk much, obviously... no one really lives around here that's around my age, rather now our age to even bother to have a conversation with. You're one of the first in a long time." He sighed and smirked again almost waiting for my response.

"Uhuh... you can't tell me someone who's got the looks and the attitude that you don't get out and aren't talk of the town." I said not believing anything he said.

"You'd be surprised then wouldn't you Autumn." He smirked again pshing his hand through his hair again, he picked up another pebble and threw it at the water it bounced a couple of times.

"So I'm having this party probably next weekend, you're welcome to come if you don't think you get out much, that'll change now I'm living here." I smirked in a flirtatious manner this time.