(22) Bright Lights & Hospital Smells

I woke up to white roof, white walls, white bed and machines I knew I was in hospital...I suddenly remembered my last thoughts...and conversation JACK! I screamed.

"Shhh right here." He said sitting beside me.

"What how are you here if you can't leave the lake???" I squinted making sure I wasn't dreaming.

"I attached myself to you when you passed out knowing I wouldn't able to follow you, I needed to make sure you were okay sweetheart." He said brushing the hair out of my face.

"But I needed to say bye, while I go do what I needed to do, but I didn't want to leave you alone and wake up scared and confused. You passed out sweetie you still had lots of water in your lungs."

"You'll be here for roughly the next five days maybe less, which is perfect for me to do what I have to do to make life easier for both me and you I can't continue on without you, I need you as much as you need me so it's the least I can do I want to spend eternity with you. I love you I'll see you in a few days okay." He said as he pressed his lips against me and kissed me for what felt like ages.

"I love you too, be careful Jack!" I called out.

"I will pretty lady, get better soon." He blew me a kiss and disappeared through the room curtains.

The next five days or less were going to drag on... especially if I didn't have Jack to keep me company... ugh I groaned.

*♡*

The rest of the day went so slowly, I almost died and Jack saved me.. he really was my prince charming.

"Excuse me Miss Paris? You have a visitor is that okay?" She raised and eyebrow.

"Yeah sure that's fine.." Not knowing who would visit me at this time of day we'll maybe a few people.... I didn't really want to see anyone to be honest.

"Autumn! Baby girl!" Mum practically ran to my bed hugging me.

"Ouch Mum I'm sore.." I wailed reminding her I just almost died, I felt so weak all my muscles were aching it was hard to even lift my neck let alone be squeezed by my Mother.

"I'm so sorry sweetheart, oh my god I was so worried about you! They found you laying flat on the floor down near the lake what the heck happened!" She welled up.

"Mum please don't cry..." I began.

"Well you may think I'm crazy too but I'm not, and in the next few days I can prove it to you. I'll give you the details of what to expect after I explain this. Now I went down to the lake the first day I got here feeling lost and confused and lonely. Not lonely from you... I just hadn't found my place yet. It was new...again... and you know what I'm like with change.." I rolled my eyes because she was nodding her head like she was on crack.

"Mum chill just listen stop panicking I'm fine okay I'm alive."

"Okay sorry you gave me a heart attack." She said shaking. I held her hand and continued.

"Anyway, so there I was sitting on the bench watching these ducks and she had babies who followed her around it was really cute, considering it was Autumn not Spring. Now I saw this rabbit run across the grass so feeling a bit of my inner Alice In Wonderland I thought to follow this rabbit."

"I stopped in my tracks because I saw this absolutely gorgeous looking boy feeding a carrot to this rabbit...Now hurting from Chris my heart to get butterflies for someone I just looked at was absolutely insane. Anyway I was lost for words when he noticed me. His first words were..."Wait...You can see me? What does that sound like to you Mum??" I welled up.