Fifteen

Tris's POV

12 Weeks Later

No matter how much we have been trying to have a baby I'm not getting pregnant. We've been trying for twelve weeks, and still, nothing. No baby. No nothing.

I feel useless. More useless than I have ever felt. I know Hana said that it may take a while for me to get pregnant but it's upsetting, for me. I know Tobias is getting upset as well but I'm in worse shape than he is. I haven't been going to work or anything. But my boss is okay with it. He says he understands.

I am sitting on the sofa right now. Tobias left for work about ten minutes ago. I am watching TV, doing nothing, wearing nothing but some black fabric shorts and one of Tobias' t-shirts.

There is a knock on the door and I get up. I open it to reveal Shauna holding little Sophia and a changing bag in her arms.

"Hey, Tris. I was wandering if you could look after Sophia for me today, I just got called into work and everyone else is at work."

"Sure." I say as she places Sophia in my arms and gives me the changing bag.

"Thank you, so much. I'll come and pick her up at about five-ish. See ya baby, love you." She kisses Sophia's head and leaves.

I close the door, place the changing bag on the little arm chair and sit back down with Sophia in my lap, facing me. She is thirty five weeks old and is adorable. She even knows how to crawl now.

"What do you want to do, sweetie?" She yawns. "You wanna go to sleep?"

I stand and take her to mine and Tobias' bedroom. I lay her on the middle of the bed and put a pillow on each side of her so she doesn't roll off. I kiss her forehead and am just about to leave when I start to feel queasy.

I rush to the en-suite bathroom and make it just in time to puke into the toilet. When I'm finally done I flush the toilet and wash my hands. I'm brushing my teeth when I start thinking.

Was that morning sickness?

Am I pregnant?

I haven't got any pregnancy tests on me.

I go to the living room and pick up the phone, I dial my parent's number.

My dad answers.

"Beatrice, are you okay?"

"Yeah, is mum there? I need her."

"Yes, let me just get her for you."

After a few seconds my mum is there.

"Hey sweetie, what do you need?"

"Uh, can you get me a pregnancy test and bring it over. I'm kinda looking after Sophia so I can't go and get one myself."

"Sure, I'll be over in a bit."

"Thanks."

I put the phone down and sit back on the sofa. Not paying attention to what is on the TV.

About five minutes later there is a knock on the door and I open it to see my mum smiling on the other side.

I let her in and she gives me the small brown bag with the test in it.

"I'll be out here, waiting. Good luck." She tells me.

"Thanks."

I go to my en-suite and take the test.

I sit on the closed toilet seat. Waiting for the test to give me an answer.

And it does. After five minutes.

The one life changing word 'pregnant' appears on the screen and I can't help but smile. Tears fill my eyes.

I'm going to be a mum. I'm actually going to be a mum.

What if the baby doesn't make it?

"Beatrice, honey, you okay?" I hear my mum ask from the other side of the door.

I stand and open the door. When she sees me she pulls me in for a hug.

"What did the test say?"

"I'm pregnant. But what if the baby doesn't make it? I can't lose another baby mum."

"And you won't. I promise. Everything is going to be okay. Why don't your dad and I take Sophia, I'll call Shauna and tell her you're upset. Then I will call Tobias and tell him you need him, okay?"

I just nod.

"Everything is going to be okay." She tells me again.

I nod again. I don't want to speak.

She takes Sophia and I sit on the sofa with the test in my hand.

Thirty minutes later Tobias rushes into the apartment.

As soon as he sees the tears on my face he runs over to me and wraps me in his arms.

"Tris, baby, what's the matter?"

"I'm pregnant."

He pulls away and looks at me with a huge, goofy smile on his face.

"Are you serious?"

I nod and he kisses me.

I just keep crying.

"Hey, what's the matter? Why are you crying?"

"What if the baby doesn't make it? I can't lose another baby, Tobias. I can't."

"Hey, everything will be fine. I promise. The baby is going to be okay. Stop stressing out about it."

I nod and he embraces me.

"I love you, Tris, and our baby." He places his hand on my belly as he says this.

"We love you, too." I tell him as I place my hand over his.

I just hope that everything is going to be okay...

A/N: Yay! Tris is pregnant! Woo hoo!

Word Count: 910