One

Tris's POV

When I wake the only thing I can feel is the numbness in my back and the soreness on my limbs from sleeping on the cold, hard floor. I've been beaten too many times to be able to feel the excruciating pain it used to bring. Now it's just numb.

I sit up and look to the other side of the room where my parents and Uriah are huddled together, whispering god knows what to each other.

I know, I was shocked too. I thought I was dead at first but I'm not. I'm alive. They're alive. We've just been held captive for the last two years. In the Bureau. David, the person who shot me is the one who held us captive. We've been trying to escape, but we haven't been able to. He's been beating us, sending us through fear simulations, torturing us, and doing other things to us since we got here. I've been getting the worse treatment. We only get one meal a day and we're all skinny as hell, sometimes I wonder why we're still alive.

Especially me.

I've lost the most blood since we got here, and I've been given less to eat. But at times the three people I am captivated with give me some of their food.

My parents were the first ones here. Then Uriah. Then me.

Things have happened.

Horrible.

Terrible.

Things.

Mostly to me.

"What are you guys talking about?" I ask.

The room we are in is a clinical white colour. There are no beds or anything to sit on, all we have is the floor, the four walls and each other.

There are blood splatters on the walls. There are blood puddles on the floor. All dried up and horrible. There is puddles of puke as well. Two covered piles in a corner to hide some of the bad memories.

They don't clean this place.

Ever.

The blood just brings back all the memories.

Most of it is my blood.

"We're escaping today." My dad says.

"Really?" I question hopefully.

I want to go home.

I want to see him.

Tobias.

I need him.

I know he thinks I'm dead.

But I need him.

I love him.

I have never stopped loving him.

I never will stop loving him.

"Yeah, we have a plan sorted out. But you aren't doing anything, okay." Uriah informs me.

I just nod.

"How are you feeling, sweetie?" Mum says, concerned.

"Numb. When are we getting out of here?"

"As soon as someone opens the door."

That means as soon as someone comes to get one of us for our daily torture, most likely me, or someone comes with our daily meal, but that doesn't happen until night time.

|||

I don't know how long has passed of us sitting there, talking. But as we do all I can think about is going home. Seeing Tobias again.