Breaking Up Already?

Lucas POV

I sat out in the parking lot with the boys during lunch. The girls were inside while we smoked.

Santo: I saw you put in work on my sister." he said passing me the blunt.

Me: hell yea...asked her out to." I said looking at her talking with the rest of the girls at the picnic tables.

Prince: foreal what she say."

Me: yes." I said

Prince: Ok G." he said leaning down and dapping me up.

I looked back over there and sat straight up. Lunch was going good, for now. I turned to call over Cynthia when I saw Craig and his.."goons" walked over to the girls table.

Santo: wait it out." he said putting out the blunt.

Craig turned his attention to Cyn who paid him no mind, he tapped her shoulder, she looked at him and rolled her eyes then went back to eating.

Travis: aye man leave her alone." he said getting up and standing.

Santo: alright come on." he said getting up. We walked over quietly.

Craig: Travis back off." he said pushing Travis. Shundray and Mendeecees got up and came over this time.

Shundray: watch it."

Torain: or what." They all circled around Cyn. My main concern.

Me: Travis man get her." I asked, he turned and nodded.

   He was about to grab Cyn's arm when Craig swung at him hitting him the jar.

   At that same moment Mendeecees and Shundray attacked, all 3 of them tipped the table over takin Cyn with them.

Seven: Cyn!"

Me: yo !" I yelled, we came around the table. While the boys wrestled Cyn was somewhere under there,

Santo: yo chill !" he said climbing over the table to break it apart. I went over and a soft arm grabbed me.

  She was standing behind Jason and she waved at me. By her facial expression I could definitely tell Craig had said something to her. She couldn't keep eye contact with me.

    The fight got bigger until the teachers came out breaking them apart. Shundray was a big dude so whoever fought him got it worse. They stood Craig up. He looked at Cyn and then at me and smirked before they carried him away.

Cyn POV

" I can get him touched..killed if you wanna take it that far, you know I can."

   Kept replaying in my head. I looked at Lucas...if something were to EVER happen to him I wouldn't know what to do. But I had to do what I to do to keep him safe.

  Craig put a hit on his name, the get back was...I had to leave him. I had to dump Lucas to save his life. It was a no brainer...but knowing I can't be with him killed me.

Lucas: why did he look at you like that." he said as we walked home.

Me: no reason." I lied.

He stopped me and grabbed my arms

Lucas: talk."

I didn't want to do this, but I had no choice, he had became my whole world and I'd rather have him alive and without me than dead and with me.

  The waterworks started coming as I thought about what I was about to do. It sucked, we were the world's shortest couple. He had just asked me out yesterday.

Me: Lucas." I sobbed.

Lucas: hey hey babygirl was wrong." He reached out for me but I stepped back. I knew if he touched me I wouldn't be able to do it.

I sucked it up and looked at him in the face.

Me: I think we... are better off as friends." I said lowly.

Lucas: what?"

Me: I played you." I said hard.

Lucas: Cyn quit."

Me: I wanted you, I DID, but I realized where..my-..my heart lies, and it is not with you." I said shedding a tear. I quickly wiped it, and took off the necklace.

Me: give this to someone who truly cares for you, I am so sorry I did you like that."

Before he could say anything I walked off and to the house.

Lucas POV

   I stood there numb. Did she really just lie to me. I knew that girl was lying to me, she could barely hold back a cry. I laughed and put the necklace in my pocket.

  I was't mad that she lied, I was made that she actually went through with what ever Craig told her to. That nigga still had his little claws in here, and I clearly couldn't change that.

I walked back into the house throwing my bag on the ground. I stomped upstairs and went to Cyn's room. I leaned against her door and listened to her cry.

I went into my room and began throwing things, like I was mad, I pulled out a medium book bag and started packing clothes and stuff. Just like expected the bathroom door opened.

Cyn: Lucas-"

Me: get the fuck out." I said with my back to her.

Cyn: Lucas I-"

Me: didn't you hear me yo. I said get the fuck out !" I said yelling turning to face her.

Cyn: I was making sure you were ok." she said.

Me: are you stupid. I bust my ass, spent MY money on yo ass all yesterday for you to pull this shit the next day!. Then you ask me if I am ok!" I yelled.

Cyn covered her mouth and started crying again.

Cyn: I am so sorry." she cried rubbing her hands down her face. It was like she was trying to tell me something but she couldn't.

Cyn:  w-here are you going." she said.

Me: away." I said turning back to my bag.

Cyn: don't leave." she said loudly.

Me: give me one reason why I shouldn't." I said pushing past her into the bathroom. I grabbed my toothbrush and deodorant.

Cyn:...I-I can't ." she sobbed.

  I walked to the bathroom door and stopped. Turning around I pulled the necklace and threw it at her.

Me: keep it, It was a waste just like you." with that I slammed the door locking it.

I dialed Sam's number putting him on speaker.

Sammy: yooooooo." he said

Me: I am coming to the house for a few days."

Sammy: aight that's fine man..you good."

Me: nah but I'll tell you when I get there."

Sammy: aight young g."

Me: right." I hung up and finished packing my bag.