First Family Night 🌙

Lucas POV

My alarm clock for school went off but I slammed it shut. I wasn't going today. I could hear Cynthia up getting ready. Since we walked home last night we kept our distance. Well I kept mine, I didn't get why she lied so much.

She kept things from people, and it was always to late when she spoke up. I knew Craig said something to her, and she needed to tell me.

I crawled out of bed and headed to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and glanced at her as she came out the shower with her hair in a bun, and her towel wrapped around her.

She smiled at me and I nodded at her as she walked to her room closing her door. Spitting my toothpaste out, I rinsed my mouth and washed my face. When I finished, I went back to my room and headed downstairs.

The house was dark and I could tell everyone was still asleep. Cynthia's bedroom door closing caught my attention, and I could hear her coming down the steps.

I grabbed a cold water bottle and meant her at the front door.

Me: you the only one going to school." I said making her stop.

Cynthia: I just have never really missed and ENTIRE day of school." she whispered. I could tell she didn't sleep well. I uncapped my water bottle and took a couple of sips.

Me: you look tired.." I said closing the bottle.

Cynthia: everyone's tired in the morning before school." she said brushing it off. I nodded at her and started my way upstairs.

Cynthia:..he apologized." she said making me freeze.

Cynthia: he just said he was sorry for what he did."

Me: and you believed that?" I said folding my arms.

Cynthia: not really, but he seemed genuine." she said.

I scoffed and continued my way upstairs.

Me: have a good day at school Cynthia." I said. I walked to my bedroom and heard the front door shut.

Cyn POV

Being the only one at school was fucking boring. I had first period with Lucas and Seven, and we always kept each other company. But their seats were empty and I was damn near sleep. When the bell rang, I grabbed my stuff and headed to my locker.

My head pounded hard as I grabbed my next textbook. I headed to the bathroom and fixed myself up in the mirror. The late bell rang, and I started to feel...careless.

I didn't care that I was late, I left the bathroom door and noticed the empty hallway. My class was on the other side of campus and I wasn't about to walk that long ass walk..

Sighing..again, I headed to my locker and grabbed my bookbag and headed to the front desk. I quickly signed out before the front desk lady noticed. Hurrying out the front door. I walked back home and down the long driveway.

Unlocking the front door. The smell of breakfast perked my mood. With my bookbag on my shoulder I headed into the kitchen and noticed almost everyone up eating breakfast.

Rodrick: look at the bookworm." he said as I came in the kitchen. I ignored him and looked at the mounds of food that I am sure my brother cooked.

June: go put yo bag down and come eat Cy." he said. I nodded and noticed as Lucas didn't acknowledge me.

Me: i'll be back." I said. I headed up the steps and into my room. Closing the door I took my shoes off and put on some shorts. I relieved the heavy tension my bra had on my boobs and put on a soft bra.