TwentyFive - RedEyes

Dresden paces by the trees, his mind being pulled in different directions. Part of him is consumed by turmoil and the other, smaller part is trying to keep everything together. His face stays stoic. His jaw stays tense and he remains the Alpha he's supposed to be. He knows he's not fooling anyone though. Hell, he can hardly fool himself and that's why he's pacing in front of trees which have already been wounded by his frustrated punches.

The events from two weeks ago have crossed over his mind dozens of times. No matter how much he remembers, no matter what way he sees it, he can't find it in him to relieve this anger. Zach's words constantly come up without his control and every moment, he relives the horrible pain he felt when Julie finally turned towards him. He'd curse and he'd yell at some poor pup that was only in minor trouble but even that wasn't enough to get it out of his system.

And Julie is no help either. His little mate has locked herself away in that she-wolf's den, guarded by the entire female population of his pack and no matter how much he threatens them, they refuse to give him entry. Clearly, his Alpha-mate has won over his warriors. Her position in his pack is sturdy and reliable but he never thought that they would turn on him so easily.

She felt betrayed. He knows that but the least she could do is give him a chance to explain himself. Hear his side of the story. Maybe then she'll come out of hiding and they can finally start moving forward but she's proven to be more stubborn than himself and that's saying something.

He's going mad. It's been two weeks since he's seen her and that might worry some especially given her background and her chances of sleep-running but he can smell her. She's still there, isolated and locked away from him. Sometimes, he can hear her voice and that nearly drives him into insanity. He can smell and hear her, he can practically feel her and yet, he can't seem to get her into his arms. The only reason he can do anything right now is because of Jack, who is nearly healed. His wounds have gone deep and it's taking him some time to come back from that but even the beta knows the right words to keep Dresden going. At least for one more day.

And then another. And then two weeks.

He'd panic every morning if he slept. With Julie's scent fading from his room, Dresden's wolf becomes entirely too chaotic to control in the mornings. He's used to having Julie right there, right next to him and now that's she is in some other's room, Dresden can't find it in him to sleep.

Sometimes, he can't take it anymore. He'd get up and stomp his way to Lea and Nina's room and attempt to force his way in. Most of his thoughts and actions show no compassion for anyone - pack mate or not - getting in between him and his mate but Jaxon has done such a terrific job of attaching him to the pack that Dresden finds himself holding back, insisting on avoiding violence. In the end, he'd curse, hit something and return to this little lot of trees to take out his frustration. Either the trees or he'd go hunting and that's not easy when his wolf seeks his mate. It's beyond frustrating to know that the prey he wanted is right there, so close and yet, there's nothing that can be done to have it.

But enough is enough. It's been two forsaken weeks and Dresden will not tolerate this any longer.

He stomps his way inside, ignoring Jack's warning glance and Sheila's nervous facade and make his way to the she-wolf's little hideout. He ignored the she-wolves surrounding it, watching him warily as they prepare to defend their Alpha-mate. And the one person who steps in between him and the door is none other than Lea. Of course.

"Move."

"I can't," She argues, her green eyes narrowing fiercely. "I won't."

Teeth already barred, fangs already thirsting for blood, Dresden snarls out. "Move or I will kill you."