Eleven - Beta

Julie sighs lazily, watching the boring sky through one of the windows. She's not sure when she fell asleep or if Dresden ever joined her in the bed but she finds herself under the comforter alone and warm. She can hear the sounds of her pack as they make noises from the floors below but she's remained unbothered and the room is already caving on her. Dresden has given her specific orders to stay and rest but she feels well-rested and she wants nothing more than to get up and move about.

Only her fear of her pack stops her.

Her bruises haven't healed much. They actually look a little darker and if she's really honest with herself, they're a little more painful. She didn't even sleep well because of them. The nightmares didn't add any extra help either but her bruises definitely kept her awake. Frustrated, she sits up and runs her fingers through her hair.

The least she can do is take a shower.

It's past eight and Jack is late getting up. When he opens his eyes and checks the time, he lets out a loud groan that wakes his bed-partner and drops his head onto his pillow, cursing the morning light.

"Good morning," Sheila greets him, stretching her arm out and tapping her fingers up his naked chest. He's been with many she-wolves since becoming old enough to be affected by mating season. He's still with many but Sheila is the only one who ever keeps his interest over time.

"Still tired?"

Jack rubs his face as she curls closer, nearly wrapping herself against him. Her warm lips press against his chest and slowly make their way up to his neck.

"I have so much shit to do today."

"I can distract you if you want?" She offers, glancing up at him with a seductive grin on her face. Jack studies her, her dark hair sprawled out around her face and draping over his chest. Her dark round eyes are staring at him, sparkling with lust. Her tan skin glistens under the sunlight falling in from the blinds of his windows. The shape of her breasts pressed up against him makes him hunger for another taste but it's the after effects of staying in bed that'll make him miserable.

"Maybe later," He tells her, gently pushing her off of him before he falls to his urges. "I've got to get up."

"Already?" She whines, stretching out the syllables of the words slowly. "Are you sure it can't wait?"

Jack leans over and gives her one long kiss. "I promise that as soon as I'm done, I'll be back to treat you."

She roams her hands over him, her fingers drifting teasingly to the band of his boxers. He groans, pulling away to slip on some jeans and reminds himself of his tasks.

"Dresden will have to check on the borders today. Julie is still adjusting so I'll have to check on her. She's under my care today. Then, I've got to pass out allowances and pay some bills."

Looking more alert, Sheila sits up, allowing her breasts to be fully exposed. Jack mentally curses as he takes in her dark nipples and turns from her.

"Julie?" She asks, leaning close to him. "His mate, right?"

Jack hears the tone in her voice and quickly turns back to her, keeping his gaze on her eyes. "Who is it? Who is messing with her? Or messed with her?"

Sheila bites her lip. "All of Dresden's recent lovers. Lea, of course. Nina, too. Even Kennedy was thinking about slipping in for a taste."

Jack growls. "Don't those dumb bitches know anything? Dresden will kill them. Why didn't you stop them?"

"I tried." She leans forward, looking apologetic. Her hands reach out to him but he steps away, understanding her better than most. "Kennedy is the only one who really decided against it. I made sure they didn't do anything, though. They only messed with her a little. Just gave her some offers. That's all. I swear!"