ThirtyFour - Vendetta

Crackling noises echoes around the large cavern as Julie stirs awake. Warmth soaks her, keeping her comfortable and as she opens her eyes, she finds different animal furs under her, creating a cozy bed. Using her arm as a pillow. she looks around slowly, taking in the rocky formations of the walls and the floor that are lit up in an orange glow from the fire that stirs on the opposite wall. She sits up, frowning. The cave chamber only has one entrance but it's tunnels are dark and it's impossible to see what or who might be there. She has a feeling she knows what lurks in the dark though and panic sets in.

Where's Jack? And how did he get here? She can only assume the answers are one and the same. Red-eyed Alphas brought her here. They've taken her and now, she doesn't know what to do. The cave chamber is closed off, with few items in it. There's nothing she can use as a weapon unless throwing an animal hide is considered battle-worthy. She only has herself and her own strength but the aftereffects of Miranda's magik has started to act up again and her energy is depleting. She's weakened.

Julie jumps when her eyes discover the tall, massive figure hiding in the corner. He stands there as still as a sleeping tree. One red eye looks over her, it's neighbor completely hard and black, reminding her of Dresden's orbs. She moves back, as far as she can until her hand comes against a formation on the wall that allows her fingers to grip, helping her stand on shaking legs.

"Who are you?"

Her voice is trembling, fear laced into every syllable. The massive man growls with approval, his head twisting as he inhales her scent deeply. Julie grits her teeth, fighting back the scream she wants to let out. He steps out of the shadows and she gasps as the fire's light reaches him.

He looks exactly like Dresden. Tall, massively muscular with dark, dark hair and an air of power that screams Alpha. The only difference is instead of having two black diamond eyes, he has one along with one blood red eye that tells her he is the Alpha of Alphas. She also notices a dimple on the left side of his mouth that appears when his lips stretch in a wide smirk.

"Sh," He tells her, holding up a finger to his lips as he moves closer. "That little voice of yours can do wonders, pup. And there are still a few weeks of mating season left."

Julie doesn't like his voice. It's deep, a similar sound to Dresden's but in all the wrong ways. There's a darkness there, one that overpowers whatever human traits he might have. It's demented and free unlike Dresden's which only shows itself in anger.

"Mm," He eyes her. "You're a pretty little thing. Dresden is lucky to be paired off with you."

Julie presses herself against the cave wall. He stalks her in a way he might when hunting something. He steps lightly, carefully and strategically, placing himself between her and the only exit. Meanwhile, he closes in on her, forcing her to back up into a corner where she's left trapped and vulnerable. Her eyes dart around him, hoping to find a piece of rock or some stick-like object that she can use. The animal hides under her feet reveal nothing and asides from the fire, there's only another pile of animal hide in the chamber. She refocuses on the fire. Most of the wood there has already been lit but she's sure that if she looks closely enough, there might be one she can grab onto for defense - if she doesn't burn herself first.

"No," Dresden's doppelgänger tells her, drawing out the word in a teasing manner. "I wouldn't want a single part of that beautiful flesh burned. Let's not get ahead of ourselves and anger me. You wouldn't want that."

Julie bites her lip in frustration and then quickly releases it when she sees the man's reaction. "What do you want?"

"I know who you are, Julie."

Julie moves slightly to the left, keeping her back to the cave and focusing her eyes on him. "You didn't answer my question."

A low grumble comes from his chest. His eyes turn hard. They don't match the eerie smile that twitches. "I know that you defeated the last Alpha of Alphas. I know how strong you really are."