Three - Beating

Julie instinctively takes a step back, mentally cursing as one of the Alphas snarls towards her. She's trespassing their territory by accident but she knows neither of them will put up with such a weak excuse. Both of them will be able to smell her Were bloodline but explaining to them that her senses are weak will be difficult - if they even manage to let her speak at all. For all she knows, they'll kill her instantly.

The woods are thick with brown and green colors blending into the shadows. It's hard for her to see four feet in front of her let alone what's on the other side. She heard the calls and had decided to ignore them, knowing they weren't meant for her.

But her demon had another idea.

The ghostly image of her wolf taunts her. A feeling of longing fills her up as the grayish red wolf stared at her, beckoning her closer. Julie couldn't help but follow the ghost into the woods and now, she finds herself in the midst of trouble - all because her memory is playing tricks on her.

The trick has been happening more and more recently. She thought she was rid of her friend, her spirit companion but it turns out that the wolf-spirit has something left to do. She refuses to leave Julie alone and Julie can't help but follow every time. Regret and hope mix under her skin and all she wants to do is just feel the fur of her best friend one more time.

But she could never catch up and now, it's lead her to her possible death. Her execution. Her end. Maybe this is what the beast had meant to do all along. Maybe her wolf is angry with her and wants revenge and now, Julie will die by two Alphas.

"So you're one of the rogues in town."

Julie hesitantly makes eye contact with the Alpha. His light brown hair seems lighter in the mild sunlight and his golden eyes narrow fiercely at her, his wolf ready for action. His thin, purplish lips are pressed together as he studies her and Julie draws back, lowering her head and staring hard at the ground in front of her.

As Ollie stares at her, he notices that she hardly reacts to Dresden's presence. He didn't expect her to react to Dresden like Dresden reacted to her but she doesn't even show a hint of acknowledgment despite it being mating season. She should, at the very least, whimper for some kind of attention or show that she's fighting her instincts. Instead, she doesn't seem bothered by him at all or by any of them and that's interesting. It's only the fact that she is Dresden's mate that is keeping him away from her at this very moment. His heightened sight is picking out the beads of sweat dripping down her chest and he can hear how erratic her heartbeat is. All his wolf wants to do is ravish her and he's not even her mate.

"I'm Ollie. What's your name?"

Julie steps back when the Alpha opposite of him growls. It's loud and feral and seems to roll over her like a cold, uncomfortable breeze. It makes her shiver as she avoids his gaze. From the corner of her eyes, she can see that he's tall with broad shoulders. Strength is evident in his muscles which seem to bulge slightly and tense with every movement. He's menacing. power radiating from him with a pulse and it's constantly overwhelming her.

"My name..." Julie hesitates, her voice quiet and quivering. Part of her wants to turn and run with her tail between her legs. It's her human side and it's strong. Remnants of her wolf persona still sticks though and what's left is a shaking Julie that can't seem to focus on one thing or answer the question right.

Julie!

Two wolves with fur of gray and white exit from behind her and stand protectively in front of her. Their warmth awakens her and automatically, she outstretches her hand and lets her fingers trail through their fur. It's not soft or rough but rather wispy. Gentle on the skin, the fur reminds her of summer day naps.