Chapter Fourteen : The REAL Casedona

Everyone was shocked about what happened to the Casedona that night. Joaquin just stayed beside Anna and Don Romualdo and Señora Margareth faced the Sherlock people.

"The murderer was finally captured by the guards." Señora Margareth said, "We also find out that this man was the one who killed my brother Fabian, because they all planned it out. I was right all along, my brother's wife and her father has a planned to steal our money." Señora Margareth looked at Don Romualdo, "Thank goodness that Father is alive and safe. Sadly, my son's secretary Anna Marie Feliciz was stabbed by this man, she is badly injured. Oh that sweet lady." she said.

The people of Sherlock felt happy and sad at the same time. They are happy because they believed that finally their beloved family already found justice for Don Fabian. Sad because someone is badly injured.

Back at the hospital, Joaquin were crying all the time. He is just holding Anna's hand, "You should have listen to me." Joaquin said while looking at Anna who is still unconscious, "None of this will happen if you just followed me." he said, "You are so stubborn, Anna." he cried, "Please don't leave me." Joaquin said.

Lucas came inside, "Joaquin." he said.

Joaquin was still crying, "I should have been careful. I should have protected her." he said.

Lucas pats his shoulder, "Your tears will not cause her good, Joaquin. Remember, she is playing as your secretary. You are her boss, stay as her boss." Lucas said.

Joaquin wiped away his tears, "She is the only family that I have." he said.
Lucas hugged him, "I know, but this is serious Joaquin. Once your mother or Don Romualdo see you so affected they will be suspicious and they will investigate especially your mother." he said.

Good thing that Lucas was there. He reminds Joaquin to stay on his character, he know how hard it is but he has no choice but act.

Joaquin became calm, he is controlling his emotion right now. Lucas is right, he should not be more obvious even though it is difficult. This is the first time that Anna's life became critical, and he is so afraid because he felt that he failed Don Fabian.

"I have to talk to the suspect." Joaquin decided.

Lucas agreed came over to him. They went straight to the dungeon, the nurses took care of Anna. But the nurses left as the man came inside. He was all alone, crying and asking for forgiveness. He was a coward, he tought that what he is doing is for the sake of the family but he was all wrong.

The old man cried and held Anna's hand. But Anna is already looking at him, "Don Romualdo?" she asked with her weakened voice.

Don Romualdo kissed her hands, "Thank goodness you are fine." he said as his tears falling.

Anna looked at him and she is really shock, "You knew?" she asked.

Don Romualdo nodded.

"What have you done, Grandfather?" she asked, "My father died, you never did anything." Anna said.

"I am sorry, my child. I am afraid that we'll lose everything---"

"You are afraid to lose everything, right?" Anna asked.

Don Romualdo felt guilty, "Yes, because if we'll lose everything we can never be happy." he said.

"Because of your fear losing your wealth you just lose your son and grandchild. How can you sleep at night? I thought you are the bravest, people look unto you but you are a coward man." Anna said.

Don Romualdo cried, "I am sorry but I don't want to be disgraceful Casedona."

"Joaquin Casedona is a real Casedona. He is as benevolent as my father, he is braver than you." Anna said.

Don Romualdo shook his head, "Your father is a disgrace, Anna. He put you in this position, it is all her fault." he said.

"And you let it happen! Margareth killed my father, and you just let it. Is that what a Casedona should be, grandfather?" Anna asked.

Don Romualdo looked down, "If people will find out about it, our family will never be trusted. I have to protect our name, Anna." he explained.

"Our name? Or your position? A good father will never do what you did, a good Casedona will be benevolent." she said.

Don Romualdo stood up, "This is for our family's sake, Anna." he said and left Anna.

The wound that she got from the man is not painful, because for her the betrayal of his grandfather to his father is.