Chapter Twenty Six : Another Scandal

Gaston was badly injured caused by the gunshot of Anna. Anna got arrested and put at the dungeon. She was tortured already, first by Señora Margareth and now by Señora Agatha.

Gabriella went straight to Lucas, "What happened?! Anna got arrested!" she said in panic.

Lucas brushed his hair with his hand, "I don't know what to do now. Anna might get killed any moment now." Lucas said.

"This is why we have to hurry!" Gabriella said, "You told me that Don Romualdo poisoned himself, and you said that according to Anna, it takes one hour to feel the effect. Don Romualdo do not know about it so he decided to wound himself to the wrist but again failed so he took the gun and fired it to his head. Margareth used it and told the people that Don Romualdo got murdered." Gabriella said.

"We do not have enough evidences, Gabriella!" Lucas said.

"We do have." Gabriella said, "But this is not about Don Romualdo, it is about Don Fabian. I re-investigate his case and found out that the gun he used was owned by Margareth. Don Romualdo knew about it, but too afraid that our family will use it against his so he let his daughter to be selfish and a murderer. Don Romualdo is afraid to lose his wealth, I also knew that Lady Theresa should not live no more because she is a product of immorality that is against our law. Isn't it?" Gabriella said, "I can present it right away, without father knowing it. But the problem is, if this will be known the Casedona will no longer be here in Sherlock." Gabriella reminded his brother.

The Casedona Family will be sentenced to death because of the scandal that they have. But Lucas do not have choice, Anna will die and Margareth will prosper if he will not stop her.

***

Anna was begging for the guards to stop the torture but the guards seems to have fun and enjoying the pain of Anna. Anna suffered really bad right now, and she really feels hopeless.

Margareth came to her, "How are you, Anna?"

"Monster!" Anna said.

"I don't know how my son saved you, and what you have done to him! But I am going to make sure that you will suffer for more!" she yelled.

The guards continued to torture Anna and all she keeps on doing is yell for pain.

***

Gaston finally woke up and she saw the beautiful face of Veronica. Veronica kissed him and Gaston felt really happy.

"Thank goodness you are alive!" Veronica said happily.

"I love you." Gaston said.

"I love you too." Veronica said.

Gaston felt guilty, but he feels that it is the right thing to do. He have no choice no more.

***

Lucas and Gabriella still thinking on their plan. They don't really know what to do, and they have to hurry before it is too late.

The door swung open and Joanne entered with Joaquin, "Lucas!" Joaquin said.

Lucas tears fell and run through Joaquin, "Oh brother!" he said and hugged each other.

"My lady, we have to hurry. Don Gaston Dolores woke up finally and the marriage will happen tomorrow. Anna is in the dungeon right now. We have to save her." Joanne said.

"How?" Gabriella asked.

"If we exposed everything." Joaquin said.

"Joaquin, if we exposed the scandal of your family your family will no longer be here." Gabriella warned him.

"By that time, we already escaped. We will go to the kingdom of Carpathia, that is the safest place for us. The important is Anna will be safe." Joaquin said.

"So what is the plan?" Lucas asked.

"We will go to the wedding, so that people will know about it. If everything came to me, they will believed it." Joaquin said.

"Joaquin, this means that your mother might be sentenced to death." Again, Gabriella warned him.

Joaquin smiled, "I know and I am willing. I have to stop my mother, and this is the only way." he said.

"Lucas, I want you to save Anna." Joaquin said and bring out something in his pocket, "This is the map right straight to the dungeon. It is a secret passage only me and Don Fabian knows about it and now you. Save my sister, please." Joaquin said.

Lucas nodded and went straight to the  dungeon.

***

Anna can't no longer feel her body, the blood is all over her body. She want to yell but she can't open her mouth. Anna can't even stand up. The torture are non stop and she wants to beg for them to stop but they don't feel it.

"The chief wants to see you too." the voice said that commanded the two guards that is torturing Anna.

"Yes sir."

The two guards left the dungeon, the guard that commanded the two guard went inside and grabbed Anna.

Anna can't feel him, she can't even looked at him until she black out.

"Hang on, Anna. Hang on." The man said.