Chapter Twenty Seven : The Wedding

"After what happened to my son, I guess it is time for us to go back." Doña Agatha said.

Señora Margareth looked at her, "No, we have to do the wedding now. The people will be expecting it today." She said.

But the truth is, she wants to divert the attention of the people. She knows that the people are asking now about Anna, and if the wedding happens today then the people will forget about the issue and be happy again.

Señora Agatha stand up angrily, "Don't you see what just happened to my son?! I can't lose him, I just lost his father. He is everything I have." She said.

"You still have your wealth, Agatha." Margareth said.

"No, my son is more important. I am selfish and rude but when it comes to my son I can be as good as an angel and bad as a demon. We are leaving." Agatha said.

She was about to leave when Gaston entered the room, "I want to marry Veronica, Mother. Don't mind me. It will be okay." Gaston said.

"Look at you! You are badly wounded!" Agatha said.

"Hey, Father was wounded too when he married you. Like father like son, isn't it?" Gaston smiled.

"Stupid!" Agatha said, "Do what you want." she said and left.

***

"I was too late." Lucas said when he came back.

"What do you mean?" Joaquin asked.

"Anna was gone, and she escaped!" Lucas answered.

They are all shocked, "How?" the question that popped out.

Something is not really right, but how did Anna escaped if she is injured as hell. How can she escaped? Did someone helped her? Who?

"We can't do the plan if Anna is still not here." Joaquin said.

***

The Casedona are now preparing for the grandest day. The wedding and the merge of two powerful family is happening now. Margareth is feeling relief now that people will forget about the scandal, and she will prosper now.

Gaston went to the room of Veronica. Veronica kissed Gaston, "I love you, Veronica." he said.

Veronica smiled, "I love you too." she said.

Gaston hugged her, "I love you for who you are, and I will accept you no matter what." he said.

"I will too." she said.

Gaston tears fell, "Me and Anna are best friends, you know that right?" Veronica nodded, "If there is something we can't say in person, we always write letters so that we will be comfortable." he said and wiped his tears, "And I love you, you matters to me and I know you love me too." Gaston said.

"I don't understand you, babe." Veronica said.

Gaston gave a letter to Veronica, "I want you to read this and do this." he said, "I will marry you." Gaston said and kissed her.

Gaston left the room. Veronica felt scared, when she opened it her tears fell. She can't do what is right, but she loves Gaston the way Gaston loves her.

My love,

The moment I saw you, I know that moment that I will spent my days with you. That you will be mine, and I will be yours. When I met you, I know for a fact that you are not being honest, but when I was with you I am being me.

You are so beautiful, and kind. I heard the people warning me against you, but I never listened. You wanna know why? It is because I saw something in you, something beautiful that people do not see. Because you let me see you.