Chapter Ten : Friends, Enemies, Frenemies

Anna entered the Casedona Mansion and Joaquin were there waiting for her. He looked mad at her. He grabbed Anna into her room.

"What are you doing, Anna? Where have you been?" Joaquin askes furiously.

"Brother, just calm down okay? I just checked out this town and I met this guy named Lucas." Anna answered

Joaquin got shocked again, "Joaquin is a friend, but not his family. Stay away from him!" Joaquin warned.

"He is kind!" Anna protested.

Joaquin smirked, "Because you are girl!" Joaquin said, "I know him very well, if I were you I will stay away from him." he said.

"He knows a lot, he can help!" she said.

Joaquin just stared at her, "This conversation is over! Anna, please, please just now! Kindly listen to me." He requested.

Anna smiled at him, she kinda miss this kind of conversation. She never listened to what Joseph / Joaquin has told him. She always do what she wants to do even though it is the opposite of what Joseph wants her to do.

Anna hugged him, "Oh brother, I miss you so much." Anna said.

Joaquin hugged her tightly, "Oh god, you don't know how I miss you too. I love you, Anna and all I want is the best for you." he said.

They hugged each other just like what they do back in Argona. Now, she wanted to go back but she knows that that is impossible. There is no turning back anymore, she wants justice for her parents. But then, she think of Lucas. Lucas knows something, something that might help her. The way Joauin reacted, she knows that something is not really right.

'I have to answer my question again!' she told herself and went to sleep.

*Lucas's Crib

Lucas smiled when he remembered Anna. He felt happy with her, she's a catch. He told himself, she is no ordinary woman, not because she is a Casedona, but somehow yeah. Yes, he knows Anna's secret and true identity. He knows very well, even Joseph or Joaquin.

*knock knock*

Lucas opened the door and he saw Joaquin. Joaquin punched him in the face.

"Damn you, Lucas! I am not gonna allow you to touch her!" Joaquin said.

Lucas closed the door, "Calm down, Joseph, calm down." Lucas smiled, "She is no ordinary lady, she is not like the other girls I have sex with. Do not worry." he said.

Joaquin poured a tea in a cup, "I know her, she will find out everything. Oh that kid!" Joaquin felt irritated.

Lucas laughed, "You are a stupid story-teller, Joaquin." he said.

Joaquin just looked at him, "Damn you!" he said.

Lucas is laughing hard.

"Could you please just leave her alone? Leave what you know, we can handle this." Joaquin requested.

Lucas smiled, "If she will not come here and ask for my help then I will not but if she will, I will never resist a beautiful girl." Lucas said.

"Wow, Lucas! You really are a good friend!" Joaquin sarcastically said.

Lucas looked at him, "4 years ago I found out your secret and I never told anyone. I even helped you with Aunt Margareth right?" Lucas asked.
"4 years ago I already send you different beautiful woman that I have met in every town, right?" Joaquin asked.

Lucas smiled, "Joaquin, I've done more from you." Lucas said.

Joaquin stood, "Stay away from Anna, Lucas." he pleaded, "I know you very well." he added.

Lucas shook his head, "You do not know me, Joaquin because if you do, you will trust me." Lucas said.

Joaquin looked at him, "I am sorry. I know you are trying to help, but... Ok fine! You won, Lucas." he said.

Lucas smiled, "You never won, Joaquin!" he teases, "I'll be his guard outside. She is curious about everything, Joaquin. How did you raise her? She has loads of question. I am pretty sure that one of this days she will know the truth about our family." he said.

"I agree with that, Lucas. I can't even answer some of her questions. I agree with that, how can I stop her from knowing the truth?" Joaquin said.

"You see, Joaquin, you shouldn't stop her from knowing the truth. She deserves it, that is why she keeps on finding the answer is because she knows that you are stopping her." Lucas advised.

Joaquin cried, the only one who saw him cried are Anna and his best friend Lucas, "She is the only family that I have." Joaquin said.

Lucas came to him, "You are not gonna lose her. You must be proud of her, you see she fights for the truth, the truth that you keep on fighting ever since the death of Don Fabian. All you have to do now is guide her, you can't stop her, Joaquin, you shouldn't." He said.

Joaquin smiled, "You do have a point." he said, "I must go home now." he said and stood.

After that long conversation, Joaquin decided to finally go home. Their friendship is like a Romeo and Juliet, forbidden. The Casedona Family and Dela Paz Family has a secret rivalry, the people of Sherlock town do not have any idea about it. The Dela Paz Family thinks that the Casedona are being hypocrite about their belief. Casedona rules Sherlock because the people thinks they are the best. Dela Paz are powerful, but Casedona are more powerful.

Joaquin and Lucas became friends because of Don Fabian. Lucas knows everything about the murder that happened 18 years ago. It was too late when he found out about the lost heiress.

4 years ago, Joaquin got troubled when he was acting as a merchant, when he was Joseph Feliciz. Joaquin might died because of that incident, he knows his friend very well and as he said he's a terrible actor. He always protects Joaquin on his mother Señora Margareth on everything. Without Lucas, Joaquin's dirty secret will be known by the beast.

Lucas's parents hated him because they think Lucas is betraying his family for connecting with Joaquin. So, he decided to leave their house and live alone.