Chapter Fifteen : The Conversation

After Anna's conversation with Don Romualdo, he never came back. Anna is hurt because of it. The man that should protect her are the one who is coward.

Joaquin came inside and happy when he saw Anna is awaken.

Joaquin cried, "Thank goodness you are fine." he said, "I am sorry I wasn't there. I am so sorry." he said.
Anna hugged him, "Brother, he knows everything. Don Romualdo knows everything." she said.

Joaquin was shocked, "That bastard." he said.

Anna cried, "He only cares for his wealth, brother." Anna said.

Joaquin nodded, "You must go back to Argona." he commanded.

Anna did not agree, "No! Not now, I can now give justice to my father!" she said.

"Yeah, and you are near to danger! Look at what happen to you." he said.

"The man who stabbed me is the father of my father's wife! Just like me, he is seeking for justice. If we---" Joaquin stopped her.

"For goodness sake, Anna! Please, Anna! Listen to me, please just NOW!" Joaquin cried, "That moment when I saw your body in blood, I felt that my world is ending. You are the only family that I have, Anna. I might lose you if you stay here. Please, Anna." Joaquin said while crying.

Anna hugged him, "Alright. I am sorry for making you feel this way." Anna said.

Joaquin felt calm when finally Anna agreed. He already talked to the man who stabbed Anna, he told Joaquin that he was about to leave. He didn't want to hurt Anna but he got afraid when the guards came in. He said that he was sorry to Anna, because he just wanted justice for his daughter.

Joaquin promised him that justice will be serve to those who deserve. He already told his mother Señora Margareth and his grandfather Don Romualdo that Anna Marie is finally leaving and coming back to Argona.

"My son, why don't you just tell her that this place is still safe for her? We can provide her security." Señora Margareth suggested.

Joaquin shook his head, "Her brother is waiting for her at Argona and she wants to go home." Joaquin said.

"Poor girl." Señora Margareth said, "She haven't make a dress for me! Agatha will be happy if she finds out that I didn't get a dress. Silly." she said.

"I will bring Anna back to Argona." Joaquin said.

Señora Margareth laughed, "My son you are doing so much." She said, "Anna can go home alone. Although she is Agatha's favorite designer she didn't come from a wealthy family, Joaquin. I heard that Agatha has a niece---"

"Mother, please I am tired about this." Joaquin said in irritation, "I am going to Sophia, Mother. I will stay there for a while. I might go there and study." he said and left his mother.

Joaquin went to his room and his mother felt something that is not right.

*Señora Margareth's POV

My son went out of the room, is he hiding something from me? I think there is something between my Joaquin and that Anna girl. Anna is not right for my son, I am not allowing anyone touch my son's wealth. I must find someone who is right for my Joaquin.

"Joanne." I called my personal maid.

"Señora..."

"Bring here Anna Marie Feliciz." I commanded.

I have to warn that Anna, I don't care how talented she is, all I care is she is not in love with my son.

*Third Person's POV

Anna is preparing her things, although she doesn't want to leave the place she know that her brother will be sad, and she doesn't want that.

There was a knock on her, it was Joanne, Señora Margareth's personal maid, "Good morning, Miss Feliciz. Señora Margareth wishes to see you before you leave." she said.

"Okay, thank you." Anna said.

She felt nervous, for the first time the woman that she hated the most will finally talk to her. Did she already know something? Anna thought.

Anna went straight to Señora Margareth's room. The luxurious life of Señora Margareth.

Anna asked this following question on herself:

'How can you sleep at night?'
'How can you be so happy?'
'Do you still have conscience?'

Señora Margareth smiled at Anna, "Who's your father?" she asked.

Anna smiled, "Antonio Feliciz." she answered.

Anna felt that Señora Margareth felt uncomfortable so she asked her a question, "Do you know my FATHER?" Anna asked.

Señora Margareth smiled awkwardly, "Yes, he worked for my brother Fabian before." she answered, "Now I know why my son Joaquin hired you. He still pays tribute to his late uncle, the spirit of a true Casedona truly lies with him." Señora said in relief.

"The way I see it, Don Fabian really gave a big impact to your son, Señora." Anna said, again, Señora Margareth felt uncomfortable, "How about you, Señora? Did Don Fabian gave you a big impact?" Anna asked.

Señora Margareth looks irritated, "Are you trying to say something, Miss Feliciz?" she asked.

Anna shook her head, "Oh nothing, Señora. I just miss my brother, just like you and Don Fabian even though I haven't meet him." Anna said.

Señora Margareth looked at her neck and nodded, "Yes, Fabian is the greatest brother anyone could have. He is just so stupid when it comes to love, when he married that peasant's child, now look at him, he's gone and that poor family is still ruining our family. They even attacked you!" she said.

Anna smirked, "I guess they are just wrong for trusting that person..." she said. Anna is referring to Margareth, "You gave them everything, wealth, love, and NAME but they choose to traitor your family." Anna shook her head again, "Oh... If there is one thing that I've learned my whole life is that never trust anyone that is NOT really a part of family." Anna said.

Señora Margareth smiled, "You are right, Miss Feliciz. I agree with you." she said and looked at her neck as if she is familiar with it, "Where have you got that necklace?" She asked.

Anna felt nervous, "This was from my brother. He gave me on my 18th birthday." Anna said.

Señora Margareth looked at the necklace again, "I am sorry... But I remember that necklace, it belongs to my mother Doña Gracia." she said confidently.

Anna shook her head, "It is a replica maybe. My brother is a merchant, Señora." Anna reminded her.

Señora Margareth smiled, "Maybe, and it was a long time ago." she said, "You are finally leaving, Miss Feliciz?" she asked.

Anna nodded.

"Please tell Agatha that you havr created me different dresses so she'll be irritated. I feel terrible that I lost my chance to wear your dress, but I want to irritate Agatha so please do what I told you." She said.

Anna smiled at her, "I will Señora." she said and left the room.

'This can't be.' Señora Margareth told herself.