Chapter Twenty-two : Sister Feels

"Good morning, Lady Theresa." the maid greeted the heiress, "Here is your breakfast in bed." she said joyfully.

Theresa smiled, "Thank you." she said and smiled.

"It will always be a pleasure to serve you, Lady Theresa. I am so sad that you did not grow up here in your mansion." the maid said and leave the room.

When the maid leave her alone she smiled and finally felt appreciated. She was raised from a poor family back in Athena and she really wants to escape poverty. She wants to become an Aristocrat. She wants to be luxurious and all.

Margareth came in, "Enjoying your name, Veronica?" she asked.

Veronica became uncomfortable, "Aunt Margareth, of course I am enjoying it." she said.

Margareth laughed, "Oh please, Veronica. It is just a role-playing, we both know that." Margareth said, "You are not my neice. You must be lucky that I know this day would come. Do not fail me or else I will kill you." Margareth warned her.

"You do not have to threat me, I know what I am doing." she said, "I want to tell this to my fiance." she added.

"The truth?!"

Veronica shook her head, "No! Of course not! I am gonna tell him that I am Princess Theresa Casedona, and if I did that, her mother would please me and accept me." she said.

"Desperate." Margareth called her.

"Do not worry, AUNT Margareth. He came from a very wealthy family, I am pretty sure you are going to love him." Veronica said.

"I don't care about him, all I care is my name, nothing more nothing less." Margareth and finally left.

Veronica is a gold digger. All she wanted is to be rich by hook or by crook. She was brutalized by her parents because her parents are drunkard. She play her life pretending to be wealthy, hee victims are usually foreigners because they do not have any idea of who she is. The problem now is, she is madly in love with her fiance and she lied.

Back at Gabriella. Gabriella went to the graveyard of Don Romualdo when she saw a farmer of Casedona still mourning.

"Hey, Mister Farmer. My condolences. " she said.

"Liar! We know that you are trying to hide your brother! He and that Anna killed our master!" the farmer said.

Gabriella finally lost her temper, "Do you still want to live? As far as I am concerned, Mr. Farmer, my brother wasn't convicted. Anna was from Argona, do you know how long would it take to arrive here?" She asked.

*Bling!*

Gabriella realized something and she didn't let the farmer say a word, "Your a genius! Thank you so much, that would help." she said and left.

Gabriella went to the morgue right away and talk to her friend (Gabriella has a lot of connection) embalmer named Josefa. She is the one who embalmed the body of Don Romualdo.
"Hi, my friend." Gabriella greeted her.

Josefa looked down, "I know what you want and I am not gonna let you." She said, "She's going to ruin my life." she cried.

Gabriella raised her eyebrows, "And I am gonna make your life more mesirable." she warned, "Josefa, all I want is answer and no one will know about this. If you gave me what I want I will send your daughter to a prestigious and I will let our family provide her needs. You know how a Dela Paz works right? But if you do not then I will just tell everyone about your shady business and you are going to suffer more." Gabriella said.

Josefa thought about it, "Okay fine! What is it do you want, Señora?" she asked.

Gabriella smiled, "The body of Don Romualdo. You know that my brother's friend was accused of killing him, right? But it is impossible, my brother and his arrived only at Don Romualdo's wake and not upon the death of him." Gabriella said.

"Where did they come from?" she asked.

"Argona."

Josefa became shocked, "It takes 10 hours or more to arrive from Argona to Sherlock." Josefa said.

"Something is not right, is it?"

Josefa nodded, "When I checked out Don Romualdo's body, I saw that he has wounds on his left wrist, and it is badly fresh just like his bulletshot on the head." Josefa said, "And the bulletshot itself, it was fired too near at Don Romualdo." she explained.

"Do you think Don Romualdo wasn't murdered? What if he committed suicide?" Gabriella asked.

"There is possibility, but a person who commits suicide will leave something, like a letter. I heard the servants there and there is nothing, not even letter." She said.

Gabriella analyzed and carefully and had a hypothesis, "What if someone entered Don Romualdo's room and hid the letter so it can be a murder? Do you think?" Gabriella asked again.

Josefa nodded, "As a matter of fact, the great possibility that it is a suicide is very high but the problem is there is no letter left nor evidences." Josefa answered.

"Then I will find it." Gabriella said and picked her purse and gave a money, "Thank you for that information, Josefa. That could help a lot."

Gabriella is willing to prove that Don Romualdo's death is not a murder, but her question is why would Don Romualdo kill himself? What would be the reason?

Gabriella arrived at the Dela Paz mansion and her mother welcomed her.

"My sweet daughter." Katherine said.

"Is there something you want to tell me, Mother?" Gabriella asked.

Katherine smiled, "You've been very busy, Gabriella. How are you doing? How's Lucas?" she asked.

"I am doing fine, Mother. Don't mind your stupid son, he's fine." Gabriella said, "I am helping him out of this trouble." She said and walked away.

"You just have to stay here and let your brother and father fix this." her mother told here, "That is not how woman should be."

"You are not a woman, you are just a wife who is contented of what her husband will bring her. Don't consider yourself because you are not. There are no certain rules about how should man and woman act because my feminine side will never be a burden for me to help my brother and our family." she said and entered her office.

Gabriella is certain that something is not really right and she will find it and prove it.