Chapter 24: Out of Control | Angry

I was in the car with my siblings and my father. We were off to town to do some shopping in town. One way or another, we got into an argument about what clothes we could buy. Who was right and who was wrong, is perhaps not so important right now. What I do remember, though, and what I want to tell, is that that was one of the days when I felt I wasn't the one controlling my emotions. Do you remember the day in your life when you felt angriest? Someone had ruined your life, someone had cheated on you, or maybe someone dared to hurt someone you loved. Do you remember the amount of anger that you felt? That "ready to break a bone" kind of anger? Yeah, that's exactly how I felt that day. And it was all because someone had said, "Hey maybe you should get a suit or a proper dress with that money you have. You seem not have any formal clothes."

I wouldn't be surprised if people in Russia said they could hear me screaming in the car that day. "You know I need jeans and t-shirts! Where am I going to wear a suit? Once a week to church? What am I going to wear the rest of the week?! You know I can't walk around in a suit at home! What am I going to wear then?! I have nothing! Why don't you understand?! You never understand..."

And even after everyone had said it's okay for me to buy whatever I want, I kept screaming, as if it was a life or death situation. And as soon as I got out my 5-calorie piece of gum and started chewing on it, I wasn't so angry anymore.