Writing Ninjas! #OverlordReturns

After the many adventures the Ninja have had, they kind of wished the need for a ninja never faded. But some of the ninja, *cough* Zane, Kai, and Jay *cough* Author Interference*decided to take their girlfriends out.

Not any special break from ninja duty, but two were left with no one. Lloyd then thought of something. "Hey Cole, want to prank the others before they return?" Lloyd began to grin, because he hasn't done a prank on the ninja since he was a kid. "Sure but, they're going to blame you more than me. Besides, we should keep an eye for trouble."

Cole and Lloyd prepared the prank while keeping an eye out for their teammates return. Lloyd did Zane a favor and 'cleaned' his room. Cole went to Jay's room and put pictures of past enemies on the walls. (That is not a prank Cole! Learn from Lloyd!) Lloyd went to Kai's room and laid gingerbread man cookies everywhere he could turn. Then he added elf statues to make it even better.

The two ninja meet up at the front of the monastery. They grin with excitement when they hear their friends arrive home. "Hey, what have you guys been doing the entire time?" Kai calls out. "We were training. And I needed the training to get my mind off of Sensei Wu." Lloyd frowns, head drooping.

"Don't worry Lloyd. We'll find Wu soon. Plus, he would say.." Lloyd cuts Nya off. "'Tomorrow has yet to come' yes I know. Its just, I'm worried that I'll lose my mom as well. First my father, now Wu. I don't want to lose any of you, ever."

The ninja gather into a group hug until the alarm went off. They beam at the fact they can be ninja again after the last battle against Acronix and Krux. Heading to the bridge in the Destiny's Bounty, Misako stands there ready to spill the beans. "What's happened now Mom?" Lloyd asks. "Strange energy has been spotted on Chen's Island. Head there and check it out." Misako replies, hugging Lloyd before they fly off.

As they fly, Kai lifted the silence. "You guys think Clouse has returned from his last attempt?" Jay shakes his head. "No. From what Nya and I had to remember, I would think that he could have been caught. And if he was there, he can't use his magic. Lloyd burned his book of spells. So it'd have to be Pythor!"

"Pythor? Why him?" Cole asks. "Because we haven't seen Pythor since the Day of the Departed." Jay says. "I don't know Jay. Whoever it is, then their either a new or old enemy." Lloyd reasons.

Arriving at Chen's Island, the ninja see a faint purple hue under some trees. "There!" Kai points. "Let's head after them then. Split up into three groups of two. Kai and Nya, *Jay whines* Zane and Cole, and Jay is with me." Lloyd says.

Splitting off, Zane and Cole head straight for the purple glow, while the others come from the side, trapping the new/old enemy. Approaching, Zane is separated from the ninja all together. He scans for any heat signatures only he saw none. Looking around, Zane sees the purple hue and runs after it.

When the hue stops, Zane was in an ancient room. "I see the tin-can returned from death. Well so have I!" a voice rasps. Zane searches for the source but, nothing shows. "Do you not remember me Ice Ninja? Such a shame, don't you think?" the voice continued. "Who are you? My memory banks have no recollection of whoever you are." Zane says calmly.

At the last minute, Zane realizes who it was. The Overlord immersed himself into Zane's system, controlling/possessing him. He tries to fight it but, he wasn't strong enough.

Meanwhile, the other ninja started to search for their missing friend. "You think whoever we saw took Zane?" Jay questions. "Why would you say tha---" Cole is cut off as he was shot with—ice? "Zane! Why did you do that?" Jay hollers.

"Like I'll ever be your petty nindroid." Zane? says. The ninja get into a battle stance while Zane? smirks. "We meet again, Golden Ninja. You may have defeated me three times but can you stop me this time?" Zane? asks.

"What happened to you Zane? Why are you acting different?" Kai asks. "You really think I'M HIM? *laughs* Why not hear the nindroid of who I am." Zane? says. A purple hue rises from Zane's body, leaving him gasping.

"Friends, that was not me. It was the Overlor—" the purple hue returns to Zane's body, giving him red eyes. "The Overlord? But Zane destroyed him years ago. How has he returned this time?" Nya asks.

Lloyd glares at the Overlord and creates a ball of energy. "You wouldn't hit your friend, would you?" the Overlord teases. Kai thinks back to him saying "You'd fight someone unarmed?" to Morro. "Lloyd don't! He's using your anger to cloud your perception!" Kai shouts. Lloyd calms only to see Cole charge towards the Overlord. "Come on! We don't want to hurt Zane." Kai complains.

"But Zane's, gone......"

Jay's voice trails off.

Hope you guys enjoyed this! If you want me to continue this as its own story, comment below. And as always:

See Ya!