Sleep tight

~ Zach's P.O.V. ~

I wake up to the sound of birds chirping and the sun coming in through the blinds. Chanel was still asleep so I decided to make her breakfast. I went downstairs and found Tanner sitting at the table. He looked up at me and he didn't look as hurt as I was. All he had was a few scratches and bruises but he looked fine.

"Good morning" Tanner said. I could tell he was still mad.

"Hey" I rolled my eyes and walked past him.

"So, when are you leaving?" I ask.

"Uh, today, actually. I just finished packing and my flight leaves in...two hours" Tanner says.

I acted like I cared as I opened the cabinet. I got out the pancake mix and set it on the counter.

A few minutes later, Chanel came downstairs just in time. I was finishing putting the last pancake on her plate.

"Hey! Babe?" Chanel smiled when she saw the food.

"I felt like making you breakfast" I said, smiling.

"Awh! You didn't have to but, thanks!" Chanel ran over to me and kissed me.

"I just wanted to do something sweet" I said.

"Well, since you made me breakfast, I should tell you this now" Chanel grabbed my hand and pulled me upstairs to her room. She pulled a box out from her closet and opened it.

"Now, close your eyes" she said with a big smile.

"What are you doing?" I said as I closed my eyes and put my hands out.

She put some sort of small paper in my hands and I opened my eyes.

"Surprise!" Chanel said.

I opened my eyes and looked down at my hands.

"Justin Bieber tickets?! No effing way, Chanel, you didnt" I looked back up at her and she was blushing.

"I didn't know how I was going to tell you." she smiled. God, I love it when she smiles. It's adorable.

"Well, you're the best girlfriend in the world" I said as I leaned in and we kissed.

•••••

The next day, I woke up to a call from Chanel.

C: Zach?
Z: Yeah?
C: We- uh, we're putting Jake to sleep.
Z: What?! Why?!
C: Zach, we decided that we shouldn't let him struggle anymore. I see the look in his eyes. He's hurt.
Z: And you're okay with this?
C: Well, no. But it's not really affecting me as much as it's affecting Cameron. They practically grew up together and now he has to let him go.
Z: Can I come over?
C: Can you?
Z: Anything for you
C: giggle ok then
Z: I love you
C: I love you more

I smiled as I hung up. But them my face grew sad again because I remembered what was happening with Jake. I've only known Jake for three years and now, he's about the be put to sleep. I know it's for the best. I'm just not ready.

"Hey" Chanel says as she opens her front door.

"Hi" I smile.

"Come in, they're in the back yard" Chanel says as she opens the door some more.

She closes the door and I follow her to her back yard. I see Jake on the grass and Cameron sitting beside him. Their mom is sitting in a chair behind the vet.

I smile and wave. "Hi"

"Hey" Cameron says and their mom just smiles.

Chanel sits on the other side of Jake and I sit beside her. I rub Jake's head and he looks up at me with sad eyes.

I look over at Chanel and she has tears coming down her cheeks. Cameron is the same.

"It's okay" I say putting my hand on top of Chanel's.

"Yeah" she smiles.

"Ok. There we go" says the vet and Chanel turn and hugs me. I hear her sobbing and tears start streaming down my cheeks.

Cameron stands up and starts to walk around. He puts his hands together and puts them on his head. He comes back and I see that his eyes are really red.

Chanel looks back up, wiping her eyes.

"Sleep right baby" she says rubbing Jake's head as he closes his eyes.