Popping the question...

~ Chanel's P.O.V. ~

I smile as Zach lays down next to me.

"What time is it?" He asks and I pick up my phone.

"It's 10:03" I say.

"So, what now?" He laughs.

"What time are we going to dinner?" I ask.

"7 o'clock" Zach answers.

"Then let's just hang around and then we can get dressed" I suggest and he agrees. I turn on my tv and put on Netflix. We decide to watch Riverdale.

We were about to finish the season when I picked up my phone. It was 5:57.

"Time to get dressed" I say.

We hop up I go to my closet.

"I'm going next door. I'll be back at 6:45" he says as he puts his shoes on.

"Wait, does it have to be fancy or casual?" I ask.

"Well, I'm just wearing a dress shirt and black pants so I wouldn't say super fancy" he says and I nod.

After what feels like hours of looking, I find a black dress that I haven't worn yet. I put my hair in a bun and put on earrings that Zach bought me a long time ago. I take out my phone and take a picture.

 I take out my phone and take a picture

@/Chanel.Dallas: Fancy dinners with my boyfriend are the best ❤️

I smile as I put on some black wedges. I look out my window and Zach is getting in his car. But it's not the same car that we rode in when we were teenagers. It was new. I guess his other car got totaled when he got in that car crash.

I go downstairs and open the door as Zach is pulling into my driveway.

"Damn" he says when he sees me, his eyes were as wide as saucers.

I laugh as I close the door. I get in the car and we go to the restaurant.

We wait for about 20 minutes. A waitress sits us down at a small table. She hands us our menus and she goes off to sit other guests at their table.

"I'm surprised you didn't see this box I had when we were on our way here." I laugh as I hand him a brightly colored box with a blue ribbon on top.

He smiles and he starts to open it. He pulls out a picture frame with pictures of us. He smiles and says, "Chanel, I love you so much" as he leans over and kisses me.

•••••••

We were just about to finish with dinner when Zach drops his fork. I lean down to get it for him but he stops me.

"I've got it" Zach smiles, I smile back.

I take another bite of my food when I suddenly see Zach get on his knee as he reaches in his pocket. Wtf.

"Chanel Alexandra Dallas, you make me so happy. I've enjoyed every single day we spend together. I've always imagined doing this for you. We've hurt each other a few times but I'm hoping it never happens again. Will you make me the happiest man alive and....marry me?" I was in tears.

"Zach, I can't....."