2. Surrounded

Alec forgot his emotions and leapt to his feet. The moon disappeared begins done clouds leaving them in almost complete darkness. Thankfully Alec could already see in the dark or he'd be a goner.

There were at least 15 demons standing  in front of him. He could tell they were starting to circle around him and Magnus. Alec couldn't let that happen. He pulled out an arrow and within seconds the two demons that were closer fell to the ground hissing. Then they burst, shooting out their blood and guts before disappearing.

"Come any closer and you'll be like those two, dead for good." He declared and there was a shudder through the group but instead off leaving they moved as one.

Alec glanced back at Magnus's still limp body. "It's going to be okay Magnus. I'll protect you."

Alec drew some runes with his stele and activated some others then dropped the steel back into his belt. He faced the crowd of demons as they moved in closer. Now there were at least 20 not including the two he had already killed. Where were they all coming from?

Alec jumped into action. He shot arrows faster than the eye could see. Demons dropped like flies but to Alec's dismay, more kept coming. They were starting to flank him. He shot as many arrows as he could but then they were just too close. He pulled out two seraph blades so he could have one in each hand.

He sliced at all of then who came near but there was no way he could keep this up much longer. There were just too many ave he kept having to waste time to keep them away from Magnus. A demon raked it's claws across Alec's left arm causing him to drop his seraph blade. He ignored the searing pain and kicked the demon back with all of the force he could muster.

The demon didn't go far and slashed at Alec again. Alec stabbed him right in the chest even as another demon bit his leg from behind. He whipped around so quickly that he felt dizzy for a second and that was just enough time for the demon to smack his other arm.

Now he was weaponless and only had his own body to protect Magnus's unconscious form. He punched, kicked, and slammed into the demons, but there were just too many. Finally, exhausted he dropped to the ground covering Magnus with his own body. He only needed to hold out until Jace got to them. If nothing else, they could save Magnus. He felt another wave of strength come through the parabatai bond from Jace and was he ever thankful.

Demons ripped at his clothes, their claws and teeth digging into his flesh. He screamed from the pain but he didn't move.  No one else would hurt Magnus; Alec kissed Magnus's lips.

"I love you, Magnus." He whispered before he lost consciousness.

A/N Sorry but I kind of really like these cliffhangers. Don't worry I'll post the next part tomorrow. Do you want it posted about the same time as today's or later?
Question for the chapter: what runes do you think Alec used?