Helping Shadow

Meanwhile, in Tails's workshop, Sonic and Tails were playing Sonic the Hedgehog 2 on their Sega Genesis. "Who knew we were so good?" Sonic asked. "I could ask the same thing," Tails smiled. "And fifty rings. Time for the chaos emerald."
As they made it to the bonus level, Sonic asked, "Hey Tails. Why haven't you built anything new recently?" "Because I'm bored. Bored. Bored. Bored. And more bored," Tails said. "Well haven't you thought of something old like another laser? You like those, right?" Sonic asked. "That's the problem," Tails said. "I build too much. I already made over a hundred lasers and such. I thought I wasn't gonna get tired of making new things, but apparently I am." Sonic tried to concentrate on collecting the rings, dodge the bombs, and listen to Tails at the same time as hard as he could. "So I decided on making my defense system outside of my workshop." Sonic then immediately got wide-eyed, and ran into a bomb. "Aww Sonic, what was that?!" Tails complained. Sonic paused the game. "You were so bored you decided to make a defense system?" Sonic asked. "Well yes," Tails said, calmly. "Almost every attack should be able to hold the shield up." "Tails, you're doing too many things at once in your life," Sonic said. "You gotta separate your schedule. One by one. I mean my schedule is running in the morning. Chili dog eating in the afternoon. Playing video games with you, like what we're doing now. And maybe in the evening, Amy might chase me and I'll avoid and run away from her as always. But...this time...I don't think Amy's gonna chase me today." Sonic then drooped his ears. "What? Why not?" Tails asked.
Just then, Silver flew in. "Sonic? Tails? Where are you?" He called. "We're in here," Tails said. Silver then walked in to see Sonic and Tails in beanbags with controllers. "Seriously? You guys are playing video games?" He asked. "Not anymore," Tails grumbled as he threw his controller aside and turned off the console. Sonic didn't mind anything. "Well, anyway," Silver began. "We have to talk about Shadow." "What about Shadow?" Tails asked. "Shadow has a problem, and I need your help fixing it," he explained. "There's another thing you should add to your schedule," Sonic said. "What's his problem?" Tails asked. "He feels alone and unloved. We need to bring him close to the one he loves so that he would be happy."
Sonic heard what he said, and he began to snicker. And then, he began to laugh so hard, he fell from his beanbag chair sideways. Silver and Tails looked at him as he kept laughing. "What?!" Sonic laughed. "He feels unloved? Tell me you're joking." "No I'm not joking. He told me about his problem just a few minutes ago." "Even if you did, do you seriously think he would be happy after that?" Sonic asked. "Yes," Silver said with an obvious tone. "Wow Silver, you are so naive," Sonic said. "All people aren't like that. Shadow's different. He's to deep and edgy." Silver then got mad, and pinned Sonic against the wall with his telekinesis. "Woah! What's your deal man?!" Sonic asked, surprised. "Shadow is not like that!" Silver shouted. "He told me that you guys think that his life is a black abyss. Well it isn't! There's a light at the end of that abyss! And I know deep inside him that he has a soft side." Sonic stopped and calmed down. "Okay, can you me down now?" He asked. Silver purposely dropped him, and Sonic landed on his face.
"Well, who's he in love with?" Tails asked. "I don't know. He just told me that the one he loved died and he always thought of her." Tails thought for a moment, and then his eyes widened. "It's Maria," he said. "Who's Maria?" Silver asked, confused. "Maria was an old friend of Shadow over 50 years ago. I never realized he would be in love with her," Tails explained. "Well he said it was because she was the only person that cared about him," Silver said. "We do too," Sonic said. "Yeah well I mean...you know...," Silver said. "It's like saying that Blaze cares about me because she was always with me." "Makes sense," Tails said.
"Well then. Let's help him out," Silver said. "Alright," Tails said. "Let's do it!" Sonic said, giving a thumbs up.