"This is my promise I made to you...."

Dr. Eggman immediately ran in, and saw Shadow crying on the ground with Maria. "Shadow...," he said, slowly. He has never seen Shadow cry before. Almost nobody has. "Why did you let her out?!" He asked, almost furiously. Shadow looked at him. And then suddenly, a huge wave of emotions began spiraling around inside him. He then began to let it out in a loud explosion of words.
"I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO!" Shadow yelled. "IT'S BEEN ALMOST A YEAR OF ME NOT SEEING HER, AND I DIDN'T WANT TO WAIT ANY LONGER! I LOVE HER! I NEED HER! I NEED HER MORE THAN ANYONE!" "AND YOU'RE THE DOCTOR! YOU HAD ALMOST A YEAR TO FIGURE OUT HOW LONG SHE WOULD BE IN THERE! DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW I FELT WHEN I SAW MARIA AGAIN?! I HAVE A HEART YOU KNOW! I HATE THAT PEOPLE DON'T SEE THAT IN ME! THAT'S WHY I HATE HUMANS! I HATE THEM BECAUSE THEY MISJUDGE US! THEY DON'T KNOW US! THEY'RE USELESS AND PATHETIC AND SMARTLESS!"
He cried more as he screamed. "MARIA WAS MY ONLY FRIEND! BUT THEIR RULERS SENT SOLDIERS TO TAKE HER AWAY FROM ME! I TRIED TO SAVE HER, BUT THERE WERE TOO MANY FOR ME TO STOP! I NEVER SAW HER AGAIN! UNTIL NOW! SHE ISN'T A THREAT TO ANYONE! ALL SHE EVER WANTED WAS TO VISIT EARTH! SHE NEVER HAD HER CHANCE UNTIL NOW!"
He placed a hand on her cheek, and his voice began to crack. "I love her...and she loves me...! And all I wanted...was to love her...and be with her...and be happy with her...forever...! I LOVE HER MORE THAN ANYTHING IN THE WORLD! AND I CAN'T LOSE THAT! I LOVE HER! I LOVE HER! I LOVE HER!"
He then cried loudly on her lifeless body. Eggman watched and shed a small tear down his cheek. "Shadow...," he muttered. Shadow sniffled, and went up to her face. He then placed many kisses all over her muzzle. He then finally stopped at her lips. He slowly closed his eyes, and kissed them deeply. "Maria...I love you...," he thought.
Suddenly, seven glowing objects appeared around the two. It was the seven chaos emeralds! Shadow kept kissing without even noticing the emeralds. The emeralds then spiraled around them. They spun faster, and faster, and faster! A split second later, Shadow turned into his super form. He opened his eyes and looked at himself. He looked down at Maria. (This is not, I repeat, NOT , like Sonic 06!) He looked and saw her eye twitched. Her mouth then twitched and she slowly opened her eyes. She looked up to see super Shadow, looking down at her in tears.
"Shadow...," she said, softly. Her eyes then widened. "I feel...amazing...!" Shadow smiled and tears fell from his face. "Maria...," he smiled. Shadow leaned in, and kissed Maria again. Maria's eyes widened as he saw him. She then slowly closed her eyes, and kissed back. She felt so good, she wrapped her arms around him and cried happy tears. Shadow pulled her close, and kissed her deeply. The more Maria kissed him, the more she felt so alive. She felt like all the pain inside her was fading away.
After a minute, they broke the kiss and looked into each others' eyes. Shadow hugged her tightly and she hugged back. "You came back," Shadow said, tearing up. "Shadow. How are you-" "-that doesn't matter Maria," he said, cutting her off. "All that matters is that you're alive and well...and...I love you...." Maria's eyes widened. She then cried tears of joy, and covered her mouth with her hands. "I love you too, Shadow...!" She cried. Eggman watched as they shared their love, and eventually left. "Come on. Let's go home," Shadow said. "Okay," Maria said, wiping her tears.
Shadow then carried her, and flew back home.