Altering the past

The portal opened, and out popped Sonic, Silver, and Amy.
"Where are we?" Silver asked. "We must be in the Space Colony Ark," Sonic said. "This brings back old memories."
Suddenly, they heard footsteps. They then saw Shadow and Maria running through a hallway. "There they are! Let's follow them," Amy said. They ran toward Shadow and Maria, and Shadow saw them. "What the? Who is that hedgehog that looks just like my twin?!" Shadow asked.
They then finally made it to the room where Shadow and Maria stopped. Maria placed Shadow and the capsule, and she talked to him. They then saw the guards headed toward them! "Guys! Get Maria in the capsule! I'll take care of them!" Silver yelled. He flew to the guards and attacked.
Sonic and Amy walked to Maria right when she pulled the lever. Right when she did, Amy talked to her. "Maria, come with us," she said. "Who...who are you?" She asked, feeling scared. "I'm Amy. Amy Rose. And we're here to help you out." Sonic then carried Maria and Maria gasped. "Where are you taking me?!" She asked in fear. "Don't worry, we'll explain everything," Sonic said. "Shadow...," she said softly.
They ran toward an empty room, and Silver flew in. "Done. The guards are all gone," he said. "Silver, bring the capsule in," Sonic said. Silver slowly placed the capsule in the room and opened it. "Wh-what is that?" She asked. "This is something that will keep you safe," Silver said. "O-okay." Maria stepped off, and laid in the capsule. "This won't hurt," Amy said. "Where's Shadow?" She asked. "He's safe. He's down on Earth, keeping his promise to you," Sonic said. They then closed the capsule and it turned on. There was a bright light, and liquid filled in the capsule.
"Mission complete," Silver said. "Let's get out of here." They joined together, and Sonic and Silver opened up the space-time rift. Silver carried the capsule with his telekinesis and asked Sonic, "You don't think anything bad's gonna happen since we altered the past?" "I shouldn't worry," Sonic said.
They then jumped in with the capsule, leaving the Ark empty.