50 years later

2001:

Eggman: So this is the military's top secret weapon? It's a lot smaller than I expected.

Eggman: *looks into the computer* Enter user data...aha...enter password. Password is...M-A-R-I-A...Maria! Now all I have to do is to place the chaos emerald into this console.

Eggman: *places chaos emerald in the console and capsule rises*

*Black and red hedgehog appears*

Eggman: What's that? Is that you, Sonic? Are you trying to spoil my plans again?

Eggman: *studies him* Wait a minute, you're not Sonic. This is impossible!

Shadow: My name is Shadow. Since you were so kind to release me, my master, I will grant you one wish.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Time Skip~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sonic: What?!

Shadow: It all starts with this... *lifts the chaos emerald* ...a jewel containing the ultimate power.

Sonic: That's the...chaos emerald! Now I know what's going on! *walks to him* The military has mistaken me for the likes of you! So, where do you think you're going with that emerald? Say something, you fake hedgehog!

Shadow: Chaos control! *teleports before Sonic catches him*

Sonic: !!! Whoa! He's fast! Hey, it's not his speed. He must be using the chaos emerald to warp.

Shadow: My name is Shadow. I'm the world's ultimate lifeform. There's no time for games. Farewell! *teleports away*

Sonic: Shadow...what is he?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Time Skip~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sonic: *runs through the jungle and stops* Phew! So far so good.

Sonic: *sees Shadow* Hey that's...!

Shadow: That blue hedgehog again of all places.

Sonic: I found you, Faker!

Shadow: Faker? I think you're the fake hedgehog around here. You're comparing yourself to me? Hah! You're not even good enough to be my fake!

Sonic: I'll make you eat those words!

Shadow: There's no time to play games. You won't even get the chance!

(Awesome part!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Time Skip~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sonic: *In the Space Colony Ark*

Shadow: *walks to him* You never cease to surprise me blue hedgehog. I thought that capsule you were in exploded in space.

Sonic: *walks with him* You know what can I say...I die hard. *smiles*

Sonic: *holds chaos emerald* you actually saved me you know.

Shadow: It was a chaos emerald wasn't it? But...there's no way you could have activated the chaos control using an emerald that's fake.

Sonic: *smirks*

Both: *run faster*

Shadow: So...there's more to you than just looking like me. What are you anyway?

Sonic: What you se is what you get. Just a guy that loves adventure. I'm Sonic the Hedgehog!

Shadow: I see. But you know, I can't let you live.

Both: *run and skate*

Shadow: Your adventuring days are coming to an end!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Time Skip~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Amy: *sees Shadow and runs to him* Shadow! We need you! Please help us!

Shadow: It's all going according to plan. There's no reason for me to help them. Besides, there's no way to save anyone.

Amy: There has to be! I know that people fight over the most trivial things. Some people may be selfish like the professor said...but they're basically good. If they try their best and never give up on their wishes, they always have a reason to be happy. That's why you should help them out. Saving them is a good thing.

Shadow: ...

Amy: Shadow, I beg you! Please do it for them! Give them a chance!

Shadow: *remembers* !!!

*Flashback*

Maria: Shadow...I beg of you...please...do it for me.... For a better future...!

Shadow: Maria!

Maria: For all the people who live on that planet...give them a chance to be happy.... Let them live for their dreams. Shadow...I know you can do it. That's the reason why you were brought into this world. Sayonara...Shadow the Hedgehog....

*End of flashback*

Sonic: That's what I promised her...and I must keep that promise.... *tear slides* That's what Maria wished for....

Amy: Shadow?

Shadow: I've got to go now! I have to keep my promise to Maria...and you! *Skates off*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Time Skip~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Super Sonic and Super Shadow: *flies toward the Space Colony Ark*

Super Sonic: There's no way that's getting through!

Super Shadow: *hears Maria's voice*

Maria: Shadow...I beg of you....

Shadow: Maria...!

Maria: Give them a chance to be happy....

Super Sonic: Now Shadow!

Both: CHAOS CONTROL!!!

*Space Colony Ark teleports*

Super Shadow: *falls to Earth: Maria...this is what you wanted, right? This is my promise I made to you....