24♡

Final Chapter

The day had finally come.

Yoongi let out a deep sigh and hugged both boys thight. "I'll miss you." he said.

"Hyung, we'll facetime." Jeongguk said.

"I'll miss you, too." Taehyung replied. "So damn much." he hugged Yoongi again.

They boys dais their goodbyes and Yoongi kissed Taehyung one last time before he got in the taxi and left.

Taehyung and Yoongi had made their relationship official just a few weeks ago. Jeongguk was happy to see that they both truly loved each other, as well as that Taehyung managed to get over him and find someone who really cared about him the way he couldn't.

He lacked in so many things compared to Yoongi. He lacked confidence, he lacked passion. Yoongi was able to offer Taehyung a healthy relationship and Jeongguk was more than supportive of that.

When the two told him that they were dating he got really excited about both of them. He also managed to realise something and that was that his feelings towards Taehyung were not that kind of feelings.

He was sad to see Yoongi go for now, but he knew that they'd soom meet again and have fun just like before. Taehyung felt the exact same.

Taehyung had been okay for the past few weeks. Jimin had told Jeongguk about him being in danger, so both of them made sure he was never left alone or unsafe.

Neither of them had mentioned anything to Yoongi. Jeongguk knew that once Yoongi heard about his boyfrined being in danger, he'd never leave him alone and consequently he'd miss his chance to fulfill his dreams. Taehyung wouldn't agree with that.

Jimin now spent more time with them. Taehyung didn't know about him being a collector and fell for it when they'd told him he were a Subway employee.

"Well, we can't actually go to Subway." Taehyung said. "Our boss would reduse our salary in and instant if he knew we were buying food from another company. His girlfriend broke up with him as well."

Taehyung had been talking for a few minutes now. He was clearly uspet that Yoongi had left.

Jimin was too busy reading his new list for the day and doing some paperwork so that he could be free later on that night. "I still don't get why a simple employee has to do all the paperwork for Subway." Taehyung sighed. "I wish I had your patience, dude."

"You waited long enought to ask for my car." Jimin said, his pen between his lips.

"How did you...? Well, that's true." Taehyung pouted and Jimin gave him his keys. "Thanks, hyung! I'll return it without a scratch!" Taehyung quickly got up, excited to get the chance to drive that sick car again. First time he did, he didn't really enjoy it, considering the situation they were in.

Jeongguk got up as well. "I'll go, too. You're boring." He knew Jimin had a lot of work, so he thought leaving him alone would help a little. He also had to look out for Taehyung.

Jimin dismissed him, without lifting his head to look at him. Jeongguk smiled and thought it was funny how Jimin's hair was falling in front of his eyes and how cute he was with the pen in his mouth.

If Jimin wasn't able to hear him think that, he wouldn't have smiled more than Jeongguk.

Jimin knew he had feelings for Jeongguk, he just also knew it would never happen between them. Firstly, because he was a collector; that meant he'd live for as long as the deities wanted and secondly, because he'd never build up the courage to tell him.

Jeongguk had left Jimin's side long before he realised it. He looked up as Jeongguk approached Taehyung.

Taehyung was in the middle of the road, crossing it so he could get to Jimin's car, when Jeongguk shouted at him.

"Move! Run!"

Jimin turned his head to look to his right only to see another ccar coming towards the light brown headed boy at immense speed.

Was fate only now playing her game?

When Yoongi had just left?

When Jeongguk was right there, witnessing everything?

When Jimin, despite having gotten up, had no time to save Taehyung?

Jimin gasped as the car came in collision with Jeongguk's body.

The nineteen year old had managed to push Taehyung out of the way, taking the hit himself.

In the end, he had achieved his goal; he had protected Taehyung; he had made himself useful for once; he was the one saving Taehyung's ass for once.

The car that hit Jeongguk left without any hesitation, without looking back to see if the boy was alright or badly hurt.

Taehyung went straight to Jeongguk and held him in his arms. He took him on the side of the road, tears streaming down his face.

Jimin soon was next to both of them. He stood and watched as Taehyung desperately tried to keep Jeongguk awake.

"Don't." he whispered. "Don't leave me. Don't leave me!" he repeated.

Jeongguk's eyes drifted to Taehyung's. "Y-you're safe... and... you're happy." he tried to speak. "I'd never... miss an opportunity for you to be happy."

Taehyung let his tears flow as Jeongguk closed his eyes. Taehyung pointlessly called out his name.

Jimin hadn't realised how fast everything had happened.

From how just five minutes ago, Jeongguk was laughing, thinking how funny Jimin looked while working, to not breathing anymore.

How Taehyung had gone from ecstatic about driving his car, to lying next to his motionless best friend, sobbing.

How he himself had gone from simply dismissing Jeongguk, taking him for granted, since he had avoided telling him that one detail, to regreting every single moment he had hesitated confessing his feelings to him.

How that happy atmosphere had turned into such a tragedy. 

_

i'm awful i told you you can hate me.