Chapter Twenty Six: You Like It, Don't You?

Well... I've been busy...

HARU

     No.

     That was all she could think off right now. Haru and Hunter stared at each other. Both were shocked that he kissed her, both sat on the bed in her room, door still slightly open, she knew her face was beet red. She could feel the heat rising up from her chest to the back of her neck and to her ears.

    The kissed took a toll drastically for her. Haru was pressing her lips together, hard, she couldn't deny that his taste still lingered in her mouth; he tasted like Hillary's birthday cake and coffee, with a hint of bourbon. And it was her first kiss. And it felt nice.

    "Why did you do that?" She whispered. Her question made Hunter's shoulders jolted up.

    "I wanted to." He said simply. His blue eyes made him looked like a puppy caught digging a hole in the backyard. Yet his expression said otherwise; there was no any guilt on his face, nor lust.

    "Do you like me-" There was a glimmer in his eyes, Haru turned stoic. "Do you like me... like that?"

    Hunter's eyes went away, not wanting to look at hers. For a moment, she felt a little bit hurt by his actions. He kissed without any warning or hint. It happened so fast. It happened in the most inappropriate day for it to happen.

    It was Kiseki's Memorial Day. It was just... she didn't want him giving any hope to her.

     "If you don't like me like that... please don't." She said. There was a crack sound in her palm. She didn't realize that she be holding the egg for a while now.

"Don't make me confused." She whispered.

     Haru shivered when she felt the warmth of his palm on her cheek, she closed her eyes. "Please don't."

    "I can try." He said, she fluttered opened her eyes, Hunter was looking at her, almost determine. "I can try to like you like that if you want me to..."

__***__

HUNTER

    It was an idiotic move but he felt like it was the right thing to do, the right thing to face, the right thing to feel.

    When his hand went up and touched her cold cheek, his bride shivered. He knew she was scared of him being like this. Him being too direct in the most unexpected moment made her shivered down to the core, but he wanted to. And he didn't even regret doing it at all.

    "I can try." he said, she opened her eyes and looked at him. It was breathtaking on how beautiful she was in this exact moment.

     "I can try to like you like that if you want me to..." He said truthfully.

     Without even sense it, Haru Walt has triggered something in him.

    Something he wouldn't admit that he has buried years in his heart. She opened her mouth and then closed it again, not knowing what to say.

    "I want to try, I want to try to like you... if you let me to..."

    "Hunter, I am not a thing for you to try to forget Kiseki." She said sternly and pushed his hand away. "I'm not." he sternly said back.

    He made her turned to him by cupping her face. "I'm serious, I want to try t-to...love you."

__***__